World’s fattest man diesJuly 8th, 2010 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 8 (IANS) The world’s fattest man, a Briton and weighing 387 kg, has died of heart attack at the age of 48 in Britain.
David Hone, who weighed 387 kg, collapsed and was taken to hospital from his home in Croydon in south London, The Sun reported Thursday.
“This man was huge. But he was a good-natured, decent man,” a National Health Service source said. “Medical staff warned him he needed to lose stones to survive. But it was sadly too late.”
He was put in a specially-reinforced hospital bed but that fell apart under his bulk.
“We were awestruck by the sight of this man. It was unreal - like something out of a movie. We are not just talking about a big man here, we’re talking super-sized,” the source said.
“He could not reach round his body to wash himself or walk to the bathroom. We needed a hoist to move him - we called it a crane.”
David once told doctors that he could not stop eating. He became the world’s heaviest man after fellow-Briton Paul Mason shed 127 kg. Paul, from Ipswich, slimmed to 317 kg after having gastric bypass surgery.
- Briton to sue government for letting him grow fat - Jan 07, 2011
- Former world's fattest man to sue NHS for his weight gain - Jan 08, 2011
- World's fattest man dies weighing 61 stone - Jul 08, 2010
- World's heaviest man became 'foodie' to heal broken heart - Jan 04, 2011
- World's fattest man pens autobiography to reveal his weight-loss tips - Feb 11, 2010
- World's heaviest man loses 20 kg following gastric bypass surgery - Jan 03, 2011
- World's heaviest man loses 127 kg following gastric bypass surgery - Jan 03, 2011
- 'World's fattest man' became compulsive eater after lover dumped him - Jan 04, 2011
- World's fattest man undergoes life-saving surgery - Jan 17, 2010
- 370-kg Briton is possibly world's heaviest man - Feb 13, 2012
- 70st Brit man being starved to lose 20 stones of his weight - Jan 30, 2010
- Watch world's heaviest man marry on Valentine's Day - Feb 13, 2012
- World's fattest man is Keith Martin - Feb 14, 2012
- Britain's fattest man has weight reduction op in India - Nov 13, 2010
- Britain's fattest woman weighs 254 kg - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: briton, crane, croydon, decent man, doctors, fattest man, fellow, heart attack, heaviest man, hone, ipswich, kg, medical staff, national health service, paul mason, service source, south london, sun