Wonder wine cuts heart attack risk by cleaning blood vesselsDecember 15th, 2008 - 3:17 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 15 (ANI): An Australian doctor has made a wine, which, he says, cleans the blood vessels and cuts the risk of heart attack.
Sydney’’s Dr Philip Norrie said that each bottle contained up to 100 times the amount of resveratrol - a naturally occurring anti-oxidant found in grapes - than a standard drop.
He said that resveratrol helped to maintain blood flow by keeping arteries free of fatty deposits called atherosclerotic plaque and a wine infused with high levels of the odourless, tasteless anti-oxidant would act as a “vascular pipe-cleaner””.
“While the positive effects of moderate wine consumption have long been documented, the inclusion of such large quantities of this beneficial anti-oxidant is very good news for wine drinkers,”” News.com.au quoted Norrie, as saying.
“What we”ve been able to do is boost the amount of resveratrol in wine and you wont even know its there … you”re effectively clearing your arteries while you drink, he added.
Norrie is producing both a chardonnay and a shiraz with each having 100mg/L of resveratrol per bottle.
He said this was as much as is contained in 70 to 100 bottles of standard white wine or 15 to 20 bottles of standard red.
“I stress that these benefits are best realised with moderate drinking,”” he said. (ANI)
- Red wine shields brain from stroke damage - Apr 22, 2010
- Cheers! Drinking red wine 'can help you live longer' - Jul 31, 2010
- Thumbs down to benefits of chocolate, red wine - Aug 29, 2012
- Cheers! Red wine can suppress inflammation in humans - Jul 30, 2010
- Red wine component pill successful during heart attacks - Mar 01, 2010
- Want to lose weight? Eat dark chocolate! - May 02, 2011
- 100 bottles of wine a day can banish wrinkles! - Feb 04, 2010
- Study: Red Wine is good for your health - Nov 12, 2010
- Antioxidant protein promotes clogging of arteries, says study - Jan 11, 2011
- Red wine, chocolate sharpen your mind - May 08, 2011
- Glass of red wine can help regulate diabetes - Nov 22, 2010
- Moderate drinkers 'are healthier than teetotallers' - May 20, 2010
- Its official: Red wine is indeed your hearts best friend - Oct 29, 2008
- Over 200-year old bottle of wine sells for $77,000 - Feb 06, 2011
- What makes for more healthy eggs? - Aug 04, 2011
Tags: anti oxidant, arteries, australian doctor, blood flow, blood vessels, chardonnay, fatty deposits, grapes, heart attack, heart attack risk, moderate drinking, moderate wine consumption, norrie, plaque, resveratrol, risk of heart attack, shiraz, white wine, wine drinkers, wonder wine