Women’s luscious red lips - the biggest turn on for men!November 25th, 2010 - 12:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 25 (ANI): Want to catch a man’s eye? Forget fluttering your eyelashes or flicking your hair. All you need to do is practice your pout, for a woman’s lips are the most attractive part of her body. Especially if she’s wearing red lipstick.
A new study, carried out by scientists at Manchester University, has shown that in the ten seconds after meeting a lady for the first time, the average chap will spend more than half his time gazing at her mouth.
If she’s wearing lipstick, he’ll find it difficult to look away, with a dash of pink holding his attention for 6.7 seconds and red keeping him fixated for 7.3 seconds.
The study involved tracking the eye movements of 50 men as they were presented with images of different women.
When the women wore lipstick, the men gazed at their lips for an average of seven seconds - spending just 0.95 seconds looking at their eyes and 0.85 seconds studying their hair.
However, when they went without make-up, the men got tired of looking at their lips after 2.2 seconds, instead devoting 2.97 seconds to admiring their eyes and 2.77 seconds to studying their noses.
Full lips were deemed to be the most attractive feature, but the appeal of thin lips increased by more than 40 per cent once make-up had been applied.
“This study proves that lips represent one of the most sensual aspects of a woman’s body and play a critical role in human sexual attraction. Full and red lips combined deliver the perfect pout to achieve male fixation, but women who simply wear lipstick - regardless of their lip type - secure significantly greater levels of attraction than those who do not,” the Daily Mail quoted Dr Geoff Beattie, who led the research, as saying.
“For centuries, women have painted their lips red to enhance their appeal, with this practice dating back as far as the Ancient Egyptians who commonly used red lipstick and rouge to enhance their attractiveness.
“The research suggests that red lips and perceived attractiveness are still inextricably linked, with red lipstick proving to be the most powerful attractor and significantly increasing visual fixation,” Beattie added. (ANI)
- Fake eyelashes Longoria's signature style - Jun 19, 2012
- Waitresses who wear red get more tips - Aug 04, 2012
- Make those eyes lustrous - use eye make-up properly - Jan 15, 2012
- Bright make-up a big turn-off for men - Jan 06, 2010
- Enhanced cleavage makes women more confident: Study - Mar 21, 2012
- Liz Taylor owed her sexy eyelashes to 'genetic mutation' - Mar 30, 2011
- Bridal makeup: Less is more - Nov 13, 2011
- Jordan criticised over daughter's 'sexed up' online pic - Feb 10, 2010
- Von Teese loves red lipstick - Dec 08, 2011
- Girls want Scarlett's lips, Natalie's nose and Jennifer's hair! - Jan 07, 2011
- Women with full lips like Jolie's look younger - Jan 11, 2010
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Women find men with smouldering eyes 'shifty' - May 13, 2012
- Makeup tips for a job interview - Jan 28, 2011
- Women prefer men in red - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: 7 seconds, attractive feature, attractiveness, beattie, critical role, daily mail, dr geoff, egyptians, eye movements, eyelashes, fixation, lipstick and rouge, manchester university, perfect pout, red lips, red lipstick, seven seconds, sexual attraction, ten seconds, thin lips