Women talk to dogs more than their partnerAugust 23rd, 2011 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 23 (IANS) One in five women spend more time talking to their pets than their partners, a survey of 2,000 female dog owners in Britain has found.
They also take time off work to look after their poorly dogs and even leave the radio or television on for them, Daily Mail reported Tuesday quoting the study.
A survey in Welsh, Scots, revealed that 18 percent chat to their dogs more frequently than their husbands or boyfriends.
Forty-two percent have taken time off work to nurse sick animals and 34 percent leave the radio or television set on to keep their pets company.
Favourite shows are EastEnders, watched by 41 percent of owners because their dogs like it, and the Chris Moyles show on BBC Radio 1, the Mail said quoting the study.
Richard Rockett, from dog food specialist Burgess Supadog Sensitive - which carried out the poll - said: “We share everything with our dogs, from our favourite television programme to musical preferences, and we’re not afraid of showing real affection for our favourite companion.”
- Pets could be benefitting your kids at home - Jul 17, 2012
- Women share darkest secrets with their dogs - Aug 12, 2010
- British dogs to get anti-depressants - Jun 25, 2012
- Two mn pets left at home while Britons go to work - May 26, 2011
- BBC Receives 9,000 Complaints Over "EastEnders" Baby Exchange Episode - Jan 09, 2011
- Kiwi women believe dogs are better listeners than their partners: Survey - Aug 23, 2010
- Chris Moyles bids farewell to his radio show - Sep 15, 2012
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- 80pc Brits won't date someone who doesn't like their pooch! - Feb 12, 2011
- Why city folks treat dogs as their kids - Aug 16, 2010
- 1 in 5 women tell darkest secrets to their dogs: UK study - Aug 12, 2010
- 33 pc Brits would rather spend Valentine's Day with pets than lovers! - Feb 14, 2011
- Scottish women fancy cats and dogs over babies! - Jul 26, 2010
- Sleeping with your pet could make you sick - Jan 25, 2011
- Dogs can also be pessimists and 'see the glass half empty' - Oct 12, 2010
Tags: affection, bbc, boyfriends, burgess supadog, chris moyles show, companion, daily mail, dog food, dog owners, eastenders, five women, food specialist, musical preferences, percent chat, rockett, scots, sick animals, television programme, time off, welsh