Women stay in love with their stilettos for 51 years!February 19th, 2009 - 4:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 19 (ANI): After diamonds, high heels are a girls best friends. Now, researchers have found that womens love for skyscrapers is timeless. 51 years to be more precise.
According to boffins, a ladys love affair with high-heeled shoes lasts for 51 years on average, with the final decision to swap to flat shoes similar to retiring from work.
The study, however, found that the height of the heels a woman chooses is also a reflection of the ups and downs of her life, varying drastically from teenage years to motherhood and old age, reports the Telegraph.
As per a report compiled by High Street fashion store Debenhams, the passion for higher fashion begins at the age of 12, and continues through every stage of a woman’’s life until she reaches 63.
The psychological impact of retiring from heels can be almost as traumatic as retiring from work, said Debenhams spokesman Ed Watson.
“It’’s an all too public admission that they are getting older, and so naturally many women want to postpone this evil day for as long as possible,” he said.
“Nevertheless, there comes a time when women have to admit that, while they may still feel young, in practice, they”re not as steady on their feet as they once were.
“It’’s a climb down which can cause a lot of heartache, he added.
The study, which was undertaken as part of an extensive examination of the entire women’’s shoe market, revealed that the heel height worn by women begins to rise in early teens, increasing rapidly from one inch (2.5cm) to an all-time high of 5.3 inches (13.5) cms by the age of 23. (ANI)
- 9 Inches Sky Heel Coming Soon! - Nov 13, 2010
- How physics keeps women in high heels from tipping over - Nov 12, 2010
- Pregnant women can wear sky-high heels: Experts - Feb 10, 2011
- Victoria Beckham a 'smart' dresser - Jul 13, 2012
- January Jones dubbed 'the most glamorous actress of our time' - Jan 29, 2011
- LiLo denies rumours she was drunk when she fell outside a NYC bar - Apr 02, 2011
- She found this boyfriend a mama's boy! - Nov 25, 2011
- High heels may lead to joint degeneration, knee osteoarthritis - Aug 03, 2010
- Most women 'don't wish to dress their age until they are 70' - Jan 07, 2011
- P. Diddy's house rule - wear slippers! - May 05, 2012
- Black shoes sell less in India: Christian Louboutin - Mar 24, 2012
- Watch your step - with high heels - May 20, 2010
- Victoria Beckham can't wear high heels - Aug 24, 2011
- British women shortest in Europe, wear highest heels - Jul 20, 2012
- TomKat branded 'sick' for dressing daughter Suri in heels - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: climb down, debenhams, early teens, ed watson, fashion store, final decision, flat shoes, heartache, high heeled shoes, high street fashion, london feb, love affair, motherhood, psychological impact, public admission, shoe market, skyscrapers, stilettos, teenage years, ups and downs