Women over 50 not shying from marriageJune 30th, 2010 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 30 (IANS) A study by a matrimonial site shows that a considerable number of single, divorced and widowed women above the age of 50 are not shying away from marriage.
According to Jeevansathi.com, Indian women are willing to marry even at the age of 50 and above.
The study showed that 70 percent of the profiles on their site are posted by the individuals themselves, 10 percent by their relatives and 20 percent by friends.
“With changing times, people are more willing to accept the concept of second marriages. Matrimonial sites are, therefore, the perfect destination for the mature people to find their partners who match their choice and demands, along with maintaining the desired privacy,” said Rohit Manghnani, business head of Jeevansathi.com
The study revealed that most of the women had initiated contact with men within the age bracket of 45-70.
“A look at the demographics of the profiles shows that 60 percent of these profiles are women who are based in India, while 40 percent are NRIs and 68 percent have been married earlier,” added Manghnani.
- Divorced Indian men prefer single women when marrying again - May 03, 2011
- Divorces under 25 doubled in three years - Dec 20, 2011
- Civil service officers most sought after grooms in India: Study - Jan 18, 2011
- Astrology still matters in Indian marriages: Study - Sep 01, 2011
- More Indian women marrying before turning 25: Survey - Jun 26, 2012
- Kids posting profiles of single parents on matrimonial sites - Oct 26, 2010
- On the rise: Divorces under 25 - Dec 29, 2011
- Men go for looks, women go by profession - Aug 19, 2010
- Dads not just money bags: changing role of fathers (Father's Day is June 19) - Jun 18, 2011
- Two held for duping girls via matrimonial ads - Jan 29, 2011
- These relationship managers will find you the ideal match - Jun 23, 2011
- Prospective groom sounds too perfect? Hire a detective - Mar 18, 2010
- Senior revenue officer arrested for cheating women - Dec 18, 2009
- Shiksha.com launches free MBA application form - Jan 12, 2012
- `Millions of Mexicans ready to cheat on spouses' - Dec 15, 2011