Women find ‘feminine-looking’ men most attractive!May 22nd, 2009 - 2:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 22 (ANI): Women have a soft corner for feminine-looking men, suggests a new study, which found that ladies find males with higher arched eyebrows, smaller jaws and large eyes most attractive.
In the University of Aberdeen study, led by Dr Ben Jones, from the Face Research Laboratory, 449 women were shown a series of images of men’s faces that had been manipulated.
Some were made to look more feminine, while others were made to appear more masculine, reports The Daily Express.
The study’s volunteers were then asked to pick which men they would chose for a long-term relationship.
Three-quarters of them chose the more feminine-looking men and preferred those who were looking directly at the camera.
Jones said: “Women perceive feminine men as honest, kind and even as good parents.
“So it makes good sense that women find these caring and sharing men attractive when thinking about a long-term partner.” (ANI)
- 'Macho-looking' men more attractive to fertile women - Jan 11, 2011
- Most women prefer men with feminine shaped faces: Study - Apr 25, 2011
- Feminine looks in men more likely to be hit with women - Apr 25, 2011
- A tilt of the head 'is enough to attract a mate' - Nov 21, 2010
- How fast can you gauge when she is looking at you? - Jun 29, 2010
- Women prefer gold hued skin rather than masculine face - Feb 12, 2012
- Why hotties catch our attention like instant magnets - Jun 29, 2010
- Female roles in films affect views of how women in real world should be - Apr 01, 2011
- High-pitched women most attracted to men with deep voices - May 08, 2010
- Women can detect your hidden 'beauty' online - Nov 14, 2011
- Gay men like masculine faces, while straight men prefer feminine ones - Oct 31, 2009
- Ovulation really does change women's behavior - Aug 19, 2010
- Fertile women hate other womens pretty faces - Nov 12, 2008
- People with sense of humour more attractive - Aug 06, 2012
- Women find deep, low male voice appealing - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: arched eyebrows, daily express, faces, feminine men, good sense, images of men, jaws, large eyes, london, long term relationship, parents, research laboratory, term partner, three quarters, university of aberdeen, volunteers