Woman gives birth on plane, then leaves baby behindMarch 19th, 2009 - 1:01 pm ICT by IANS
Wellington, March 19 (DPA) A woman gave birth Thursday during a flight to Auckland from Apia on the Pacific island of Samoa and then left the baby behind when she got off the plane, news reports said.
An Auckland Airport spokeswoman was quoted by the Stuff news website as saying that a member of the Pacific Blue airline staff found the baby after the plane landed after the four-hour flight and passengers disembarked.
Police were investigating whether the baby had been abandoned.
It was not known whether other passengers and crew on the flight noticed the woman was in labour, the New Zealand Press Association quoted an unnamed Auckland Airport spokeswoman as saying.
- Woman who gave birth on plane admits abandoning baby - Apr 09, 2009
- Woman who gave birth on plane charged with abandoning baby - Mar 25, 2009
- Passenger attacks pilot over delayed flight - Aug 15, 2012
- JetBlue captain goes berserk on flight, subdued by passengers - Mar 29, 2012
- Michigan Woman who was left alone on a plane has sued United Airlines - May 28, 2010
- Furious Ryanair passengers stage plane sit-in - Nov 18, 2010
- JetBlue fined $90,000 for violating passenger rights - Aug 22, 2012
- Merpati Airlines passenger plane crashes in eastern Indonesia, killing 27 - May 07, 2011
- Qantas passengers say they were not told about emergency landing - Apr 13, 2011
- London-bound plane makes emergency landing in Mauritania - Aug 26, 2010
- Plane hijacking attempt foiled in China - Jun 29, 2012
- Bees on a Yakutia Airline flight to Moscow creates panic - Aug 24, 2011
- Bee Swarm on Airplane Wing Delays Flight - Nov 18, 2010
- Brian McFadden involved in alleged drunken outburst on Virgin flight to Oz - Feb 17, 2011
- Conviasa passenger plane crashes in eastern Venezuela, some survive - Sep 13, 2010
Tags: airline staff, apia, auckland airport, island of samoa, labour, march 19, new zealand press, new zealand press association, news reports, pacific blue airline, spokeswoman, wellington, woman gives birth on plane