Woman burns alive husband’s killer in Andhra villageApril 29th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 29 (IANS) In a gruesome incident, a man hacked to death another for not giving him a lift on his two-wheeler. But in an instant the widow of the deceased retaliated by burning the killer alive.
The sensational murders within a few hours Tuesday rocked Kunsi village of Maganuru mandal in Mahabubnagar district, about 150 km from here.
Police said Bhimshappa, 24, was returning to the village on his motorcycle. Another villager, Mahesh, 23, asked him for a lift but Bhimshappa refused as he already had a pillion rider.
Mahesh, who was drunk, felt insulted over this and after returning to the village attacked Bhimshappa with a sickle. Bhimshappa was sleeping in his house at the time of the attack, and died on the spot.
Enraged at this, Bhimshappa’s widow Maremma with the help of her relatives and some villagers caught Mahesh and thrashed him. They later tied Mahesh to a tree and beat him up some more.
Then Maremma and others poured kerosene on him and set him ablaze late Tuesday evening. A lone constable present in the village tried to save Mahesh, but villagers resisted his attempts.
Senior police officials rushed to the village and arrested Maremma and her relatives. The woman defended her action, saying the killer of her husband deserved this.
She married Bhimshappa, an agricultural labourer, a year and half ago and they have a month-old baby. He was known in the village for his good behaviour and for lending a helping hand to others.
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- Jilted lover kills girl - Jul 07, 2012
- Ex-lover burns 64-year-old to death in lift - Dec 19, 2011
- Ex-CRPF trooper goes berserk, kills seven in Andhra (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Notice to Delhi government on plea to make helmet compulsory - Aug 24, 2011
- Rapist burns victim in Jharkhand - Dec 04, 2010
- Man burns mother alive in Haryana - Feb 01, 2011
- Dalit girl killed for protesting harassment (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011
- Former CPI-M leader killed in Kerala - May 05, 2012
- Sonawane's widow demands CBI probe; government staff strike work (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Girl tries to end life after MMS blackmail - Apr 26, 2011
- CRPF ex-cop sentenced to death for killing seven - Apr 30, 2012
- Haryana twin murder: Weapons not traced - Apr 21, 2011
- Man burns wife, children alive - Sep 03, 2011
- Dalit boy beaten to death for collecting wood from orchard - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: agricultural labourer, april 29, attempts, constable, deceased, good behaviour, gruesome incident, helping hand, kerosene, mandal, maremma, month old baby, motorcycle, police officials, relatives, sensational murders, tuesday evening, two wheeler, villager, woman burns