William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charitiesApril 29th, 2011 - 2:16 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 29 (IANS) Prince William, the elder son of Prince Charles and late Diana who is to wed Kate Middleton Friday, is a search and rescue pilot and a patron of several charities.
He was born June 21, 1982 and just two months later on Aug 4, 1982, was christened Prince William Arthur Philip Louis by the Archbishop of Canterbury at Buckingham Palace.
According to royal.gov.uk, the prince has attended Eton College and studied Geography, Biology and History of Art.
He was 15 years old when his mother Diana was killed in a car crash in Paris Aug 31, 1997.
Prince William and Prince Harry walked behind their mother’s cortege at her funeral held at Westminster Abbey Sep 6, 1997.
He studied at St Andrews University in Scotland and joined the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst as an Officer Cadet.
After being commissioned as an army officer in December 2006, he joined the Household Cavalry (Blues and Royals) as a second lieutenant.
The website said Prince William is president or patron to a number of charities and organisations.
On Nov 16 last year, the engagement of Prince William to Catherine Middleton was announced and the marriage takes place at Westminster Abbey Friday.
- Wills, Kate's 'balcony kiss' key wedding moment! - Jan 06, 2011
- William weds Kate (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton to ride in Diana's carriage - Mar 22, 2011
- Kate may not pledge to 'obey' William - Mar 26, 2011
- Like Diana, Kate Middleton too may not pledge to 'obey' hubby - Mar 27, 2011
- Prince William 'to wed Kate Middleton next August' - Aug 29, 2010
- A homeless girl gets invite to royal wedding - Apr 17, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Will-Kat fly out of palace, honeymoon destination a secret - Apr 30, 2011
- Royal wedding video goes viral - Apr 18, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Fans camp at Westminster Abbey for Royal Wedding - Apr 27, 2011
- Will-Kat to travel in over 100-year-old carriage - Apr 29, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Duchess of York not invited to William's wedding - Feb 19, 2011
Tags: archbishop of canterbury, army officer, blues and royals, buckingham palace, car crash, household cavalry, kate middleton, officer cadet, prince charles, prince william, prince william and prince harry, rescue pilot, royal gov, royal military academy, royal military academy sandhurst, second lieutenant, st andrews university, st andrews university in scotland, westminster abbey, william arthur