Why men like ‘dumb-looking’ womenMay 24th, 2012 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 24 (IANS) Men may not be looking for charm and intelligence when it comes to finding a mate, but rather a woman who looks dumb and sleepy enough for a one-night-stand, according to a study.
The study by University of Texas graduate student Cari Goetz and her team focused on the so-called sexual exploitability hypothesis, which is based on the different ways in which men and women approach reproduction, Daily Mail reported.
Men had little concern for the consequences of casual trysts, given that their bodies produce around 85 million sperm cells every day — per testicle, researchers said.
The goal of the study was to test out the hypothesis that a woman who appears silly or inert is a turn-on for the average straight man, according to the Mail Thursday.
The study has revealed that the images of fat or short women had no effect. The participants of the study did not view them as either easy to bed or appealing as partners.
But when it came to childish-looking women or women who looked sleepy or drunk, men rated them as being easy to “score” with. More importantly, the dumb-looking and inert women were also perceived as being more attractive than their more lucid or intelligent-looking peers, but only when it came to short-term relationships.
- Attractive people have higher IQs: Study - Jan 17, 2011
- Women can detect your hidden 'beauty' online - Nov 14, 2011
- Men feel old at 58, but women at 29 - Mar 26, 2011
- Men get turned on by women with sexy looks - Feb 05, 2010
- Women feel old at 29, men at 58 - Mar 27, 2011
- Dumb women 'more likely to go after rich guys' - Jun 22, 2010
- Females bosses can wreck other women's promotion - Apr 12, 2011
- Men, women look differently at nude ads - Jul 17, 2011
- Why smart men date less intelligent women - Mar 07, 2011
- 'Persistence pays in wooing women' - Dec 15, 2011
- Nineteenth century therapy may help Parkinson's patients - Apr 23, 2012
- Fertile women can tell straight from gay - Jun 23, 2011
- Men ignore Facebook privacy settings to befriend women - Nov 09, 2011
- Asin gets adventurous - goes paragliding! (Movie Snippets) - Mar 01, 2012
- Older women preying on young men? That's a myth - Aug 20, 2010
Tags: consequences, daily mail, different ways, drunk men, goetz, graduate student, hypothesis, mate, may 24, men and women, participants of the study, peers, short women, sperm cells, straight man, term relationships, testicle, texas graduate, trysts, university of texas