Who Wants To Be A Millionaire inspired quizzes can help kids learnMarch 3rd, 2008 - 4:12 pm ICT by admin
London, Mar 3 (ANI): Using quizzing system similar to the hit TV show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire instead of dry multiple-choice tests could help boost comprehension levels in kids.
Tzu-Hua Wang at the National Hsinchu University of Education in Taiwan has developed a web-based multiple choice testing system with some fun elements inspired by the TV quiz, reports New Scientist.
The system allows students to prune away two wrong answers from four - or, in a nod to phone a friend, they might ask the class for help.
Wang found that kids were more willing to be tested using his system.
He also found that kids had higher comprehension levels after using it, suggesting the system could be used for educational purposes.
The study will be published in Computers and Education. (ANI)
- New tests support effectiveness of Chinese drug for cataracts - Jan 13, 2011
- Even Aussies find Oprah Winfrey's Australia quiz difficult! - Dec 09, 2010
- Man seeks driving licence despite 92 failures! - Jan 24, 2012
- HDFC sole Indian firm among world's most ethical companies - Mar 16, 2011
- Bedside exam unreliable in assessing severe brain injuries: Study - Feb 26, 2011
- Online quiz benefits questioned - Jan 21, 2010
- Washington University launches Urdu website - Apr 13, 2011
- 10 lakh students appear in all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 30, 2012
- Online quizzes not really helping students - Jan 21, 2010
- Chinese herbal medicine can improve skin-whitening creams - Mar 31, 2011
- Taiwan varsities sign academic promotion pacts with Amity University - May 03, 2011
- Rhythm helps kids master math problems - Mar 25, 2012
- WIFW to continue with fashion quiz - Apr 04, 2011
- Obama names yet another Indian American to key post - Apr 08, 2011
- Technopark IT firm develops multi-use warning device - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: choice tests, comprehension levels, education in taiwan, educational purposes, elements, hua wang, london, multiple choice, new scientist, nod, tv quiz, tv show who wants to be a millionaire, who wants to be a millionaire