‘White Goat’ machine turns waste paper into toilet roll!February 2nd, 2010 - 5:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 2 (ANI): A Japanese company has created a machine which turns waste office paper into toilet rolls.
Users feed waste office paper into the oddly titled White Goat machine, which shreds it, mixes it with water and pulps it.
The 63,000-pound device then flattens the pulp and dries it before churning out rolls of toilet paper. It costs just 6p to create each roll.
Makers Oriental say the toilet paper machine is aimed at large companies which would produce a lot of waste paper.
It takes 40 sheets of A4 paper to create one roll of toilet paper.
The machine was unveiled about six weeks ago at the Eco Products trade fair in Tokyo.
“I can think of several people who’d like to flush their workload down the loo, but this takes it to another level,” the Telegraph quoted James Holland, editor of the gadget website Electricpig, as saying.
“I love the idea, and eco warriors will go barmy for it too. I guess you’ll need to be wary of any stray staples though,” he added.
Oriental insist that any stray matter is removed from documents by the White Goat machine. (ANI)
- Loo turns human waste into biofuel, fertiliser - Jun 28, 2012
- Karunanidhi to inaugurate Tamil Nadu Newsprint's new projects - Jan 18, 2011
- Jay-Z travels with personal toilet roll! - Jul 25, 2010
- Tamil Nadu Newsprint's expansion goes on stream - Jan 19, 2011
- 'Tubeless toilet paper' to drive away your bathroom woes! - Oct 30, 2010
- Country's second-largest paper maker pushes growth - Feb 10, 2011
- Indian firm gets Gates Foundation grant for `eToilet' - Aug 16, 2012
- Men prefer taking smartphones to newspapers in loo - Feb 25, 2012
- London 2012 venues face toilet trouble - Feb 21, 2012
- India is world's capital for open defecation, says Ramesh - Jul 27, 2012
- When UK Houses of Parliament ran out of toilet rolls! - Dec 02, 2009
- Sheila Dikshit launches e-waste disposal system - Apr 05, 2010
- Amarnath pilgrimage: Faith leaves nature stinking (Feature) - Jul 11, 2011
- German politician caught stealing toilet papers - Apr 14, 2011
- Factfile on CWG organising committee's defence against media charges - Aug 04, 2010
Tags: dries, eco products, eco warriors, feb 2, gadget, james holland, japanese company, london feb, loo, pulp, shreds, six weeks, staples, telegraph, toilet paper, toilet roll, toilet rolls, tokyo, white goat, workload