Vietnamese woman dies of bird fluFebruary 26th, 2008 - 11:11 am ICT by admin
Hanoi, Feb 26 (Xinhua) The Vietnamese health ministry has confirmed that the country’s latest human victim of bird flu was a 23-year-old woman from northern Phu Tho province who died here Monday, a local newspaper reported Tuesday. The woman started to exhibit bird flu symptoms Feb 14 and was admitted to a provincial hospital Feb 19. She was then transferred to the Tropical Diseases Hospital Feb 21 and tested positive for the bird flu virus strain H5N1, Nguyen Huy Nga, a senior health ministry official, said.
The woman did not have direct contact with sick fowls before showing bird flu symptoms.
Vietnam has confirmed 105 human cases of bird flu infection, including 51 fatalities, since the disease hit the country in December 2003.
- 27 killed as storm Kai-Tak lashes Vietnam (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- US, Vietnam to hold joint navy activities - Jul 08, 2011
- Vietnam testing avian flu vaccine - Feb 21, 2012
- Vietnam, Britain hold strategic dialogue - Jul 06, 2012
- Vietnam sues US over anti-dumping tax - Apr 23, 2010
- Vietnam president praises India's economic, technical help - Jul 18, 2012
- China protests Vietnam claim to islands - Jun 21, 2012
- Mexico declares bird flu emergency - Jul 03, 2012
- India, Vietnam to increase defence, security cooperation - Sep 16, 2011
- Deora calls on Vietnamese Prime Minister - Jul 22, 2010
- Indian commerce minister meets Vietnamese PM - Mar 08, 2012
- With China on mind, Krishna heads to Vietnam - Sep 13, 2011
- Man dies of bird flu in China - Jan 23, 2012
- Chinese woman dies of bird flu - Jun 05, 2010
- Unfazed by China, India, Vietnam sign oil deal, extradition treaty - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: bird flu, bird flu symptoms, bird flu virus, direct contact, feb 14, flu, fowls, hanoi, health ministry, huy, ministry official, nguyen, phu tho, provincial hospital, senior health, tropical diseases, vietnamese health, vietnamese woman, virus strain, xinhua