Vice President to inaugurate World Water Day FunctionMarch 19th, 2008 - 10:18 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar 19 (ANI): Vice President Hamid Ansari will inaugurate the plenary session of the World Water Day Function here today.
The event is being organised by the Ministry of Water Resources.
Union Minister for Water Resources Professor Saifuddin Soz and Minister of State for Water Resources Jai Prakash Narayan Yadav will also address on the occasion.
Important issues related to ‘Integrated Water Resources Development and Management (IWRDM)’ like water quality, water supply and health will be discussed to facilitate combined discussions in the day long sessions of the function.
Eminent experts and stakeholders in the field of water resources will participate with suggestion for firming up the strategies in the water sector.
Ministry of Water Resources organised programmes on various issues concerning water sector in partnership with concerned Ministries of Government as well as Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) preceding the World Water Day.
Workshops were organised on data base management, ground water regulation and management, conjunctive use of surface and ground water, eco-system security, technology transfer, investment in water sector, corporate social responsibility as well as civil society participation in the context of IWRDM.
Many Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs) have been invited to participate in the programme to make the discussions broad based with the involvement of civil society.
In pursuance of the United Nations General Assembly Resolution, March 22 is observed every year as the World Water Day. However, this year, the UN has decided to observe the World Water Day on March 20. (ANI)
- Vice President to inaugurate World Water Day Function today - Mar 20, 2008
- Ramesh keen to bring all ministry offices under one roof - Oct 21, 2011
- I'm facilitating centre-Hurriyat talks: Soz - Oct 27, 2011
- Delhi Metro to organise management programme on MRTS - Sep 09, 2012
- International summit to discuss water resource management - Apr 12, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh judges to train at army management institute - May 02, 2011
- Kashmir Congress chief meets governor - Dec 24, 2011
- Government to discuss water management with chief ministers - Apr 11, 2011
- Need to take water harvesting as a national movement: Soz - Jan 13, 2009
- Research on to improve India-Myanmar ties - Jan 31, 2012
- Orissa groups form human chain to protest child abuse - Nov 19, 2010
- Brain storming session on GIM begins tomorrow - Mar 25, 2011
- Bangalore summit to discuss water woes - Jan 30, 2012
- Decision on AFSPA in November: Omar Abdullah - Oct 28, 2011
- Centre to come up with new national water policy: Khurshid - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: assembly resolution, civil society participation, corporate social responsibility, data base management, development and management, eminent experts, ground water, integrated water resources, plenary session, prakash narayan, quality water, saifuddin, security technology, soz, union minister, united nations general assembly, water regulation, water resources development, water sector, world water day