Vaghela to dedicate handicrafts related projects in SrinagarJune 21st, 2008 - 8:49 am ICT by ANI
Srinagar, June 21 (ANI): Union Minister for Textiles Shankarsinh Vaghela will dedicate the Indian Institute of Carpet Technology and the Craft Development Institute to the nation here today.
These projects will give a boost to the promotion and development of textiles and handicrafts in the State.
The two projects are part of the Prime Ministers Special Package of Jammu and Kashmir launched at the cost of Rs. 6 crores and Rs. 10 crores respectively.
The main objective of the Craft Development Institute is to provide research and development facilities in the field of managerial and process testing issues related to various crafts and to provide training for craftsmen and entrepreneurs.
Similarly, the objective of the Indian Institute of Carpet Technology is to provide support to local carpet and allied industry through HRD design creation development, R&D and technical services and also to develop quality culture in carpet industry.
Besides this, the Minister will also lay the foundation stone of building for the office of Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) at Bemina.
To encourage the Kashmirs world-wide famous handicrafts, he will also set up raw material bank for wood-based crafts Khatamband.
The Ministry has sanctioned Rs. 2 crores for setting up of this raw material bank to Jammu and Kashmir State Forest Corporation. (ANI)
- Carpet Technology Institute set up in Srinagar - Jun 20, 2008
- Event to promote handicraft, handloom sector - Aug 17, 2012
- Rs.2,100 crore sanctioned for textiles parks - Oct 27, 2011
- Vaghela dedicates Carpet Technology and Craft Development Institute to the nation - Jun 21, 2008
- Corporates told to give handlooms, handicraft products as gift items - Aug 13, 2012
- Jammu and Kashmir to have two silk production centres - Jun 21, 2008
- Indian handicrafts get contemporary twist - Jul 20, 2011
- Handicrafts exports recorded a growth of 18 percent: Maran - Feb 04, 2011
- Industries sagging in Jammu and Kashmir - Feb 09, 2012
- Employment plan rolled out for job-starved Kashmiri youth (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Rangrajan panel rolls out job plan for Kashmiri youth - Mar 03, 2011
- Cross LoC trade hampered by barter system, lack of banking (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Textile show planned at Games opening ceremony - Sep 28, 2010
- Low import duty hits Himachal silk growers (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- BJP dislikes minorities: Shankarsinh Vaghela - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: allied industry, carpet, crafts, craftsmen, crores, design creation, handicrafts, jammu and kashmir, june 21, kashmir, main objective, prime ministers, research and development, rs 6, textiles, union minister