Uttar Pradesh junior doctors end strikeDecember 20th, 2008 - 1:28 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 19 (IANS) The five-day long strike by junior doctors in Uttar Pradesh to demand a raise in salaries on par with the Sixth Pay Commission recommendations, ended Friday after a stern stand taken by the state government and the Allahabad High Court.Principal of the SN Medical College, N.C. Prajapati said though the junior doctors stayed away from work, the hospital managed to provide services with the help of seniors.
For the last two days the junior doctors association was running its own OPD while the seniors were running their separate OPD. The patients in the wards however continued to suffer and many had to move to private nursing homes in the city.
With the junior doctors returning to work the number of patients in the emergency and the wards registered a hike later in the day.
Prajapati told IANS that work is back to normal. “We have fixed an appointment with the state health minister in Lucknow for Saturday. A delegation of junior doctors will go and discuss their demands with the government. Right now everything is normal.”
- Lahore doctors' strike continues - Jun 23, 2012
- Junior doctors' strike continues in Andhra - Feb 12, 2012
- Mumbai civic workers call off strike - Sep 21, 2011
- Junior doctors' strike claims 32 lives in Bihar - Aug 30, 2009
- Junior doctors in Bihar end strike - Sep 01, 2009
- Rajasthan doctors' strike claims 55 lives - Dec 28, 2011
- Safdarjung doctors call off strike, get security assurance (Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- Strike hits Chhattisgarh's biggest hospital - Dec 11, 2009
- 10 die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Strike in Madhya Pradesh medical colleges continues - Jul 21, 2009
- Medical services hit as junior doctors in Andhra intensify stir - Sep 03, 2012
- 'India faces 50 percent nursing shortage' - Mar 29, 2012
- Safdarjung doctors continue strike, patients in a lurch - Sep 08, 2010
- Junior doctors call off strike in Andhra - Feb 15, 2012
- Doctors' strike kills 21 in Bihar hospital - Aug 29, 2009