Usher considering recruiting mum as manager againJuly 7th, 2008 - 6:55 pm ICT by ANI
New York, July 7 (ANI): Usher is reportedly in talks with his mom Jonetta Patton to become his manager again.
In 2007, the singer told his friends that he no longer needs the services of the woman who turned him into an R&B superstar.
Soon after that, it was revealed that he was replacing her with Benny Medina, the man who has steered the careers of Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez, among others.
However, now that Usher’’s new album has been slow off the mark, he’’s blaming Medina, according to sources.
Usher is reportedly disappointed that his new CD sold 433,000 in its first week, which is a far cry from his last CD, 2004′’s Confessions, which had sales of 1.1 million in its first seven days.
Medina reassured Usher that his latest sales were nothing to be ashamed of, considering the current climate of the record business.
However, then, three weeks later, Lil Wayne’’s album, Tha Carter III, sold more than one million copies its first week out.
“Usher was livid! He threatened to fire everyone,” the New York Daily News quoted an insider, as saying.
He was also troubled with the ratings for the BET Awards. While the show pulled 6.3 million viewers when Beyonce opened it last year, the Usher-headlined show drew only 5.8 million.
A source said: “People have been telling Usher to listen to his mother. Nobody knows how to sell him better than she does. Usher can be stubborn. But he may be ready.” (ANI)
- Lil Wayne sued by 'Lollipop' producer - Mar 23, 2011
- Taylor Swift's latest album 'Speak Now' all set to breach the 1 million number mark - Oct 29, 2010
- Romeo Santos happy with success of first solo album - Nov 17, 2011
- Usher announces his London show - May 23, 2012
- Lil Wayne sues Quincy Jones' son - Sep 08, 2012
- Lil Wayne sued by producer over unpaid royalties - May 10, 2010
- Taylor Swift's 'Speak Now' A Roaring Success - Nov 06, 2010
- "6 Foot 7 Foot" Marks Lil Wayne's Comeback - Dec 18, 2010
- Lil Wayne Goes Behind The Bars - Mar 09, 2010
- Lopez files case against driver for extortion - Aug 08, 2012
- Eminem Gets Back Into Focus In 2010 With A Vengeance Says MTV! - Dec 17, 2010
- Reshammiya teams up with Lil Wayne - Nov 02, 2011
- Lil Wayne faces legal action over unpaid royalties - May 10, 2010
- Lil Wayne's First Tour Since Prison Stint To Kick Off In March - Jan 25, 2011
- Lil' Wayne's Mixtape "No Ceilings" Gets Officially Released - Nov 01, 2009