US octo-mother has TV reality show deal on horizon: ReportApril 12th, 2009 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Lost Angeles, April 12 (DPA) Nadya Suleman, the US single mother of 14 children including recently-born octuplets, has four production companies bidding to create a TV reality show out of her day-to-day chaos, “Us” magazine reported Saturday.
Jeff Czech, Suleman’s lawyer, told Us that Nadya was “interested in, and hoping to find, something not so intrusive to the family and babies while, at the same time, (something to) sort of focus on trying to make a little income for herself”.
She has been criticised for accepting public assistance, which is “heavy on her mind”, Czech said.
Suleman picked up the seventh of the babies from hospital earlier this month. The octuplets were born in January.
Suleman receives free government-funded medical care because she has no health insurance, and welfare to help feed the children. But her choice to pursue large multiple births as a single mother with no income has drawn public ire over her expectation that she will receive financial support from government and private sources.
She solicits donations through her website.
Suleman, 33, had come in for widespread criticism for conceiving the octuplets through in vitro fertilisation, even though she already had six kids under the age of eight, was living at her mother’s house and had no visible means of support.
However she bought a new house earlier this month using money she received from donations as a downpayment, while a charity arranged for the babies’ care. But with the cost of care estimated at $45,000 a month, it’s unclear how long the charity will be able to pick up the tab.
- Octomom Nadya Suleman 'had 12 embryos implanted' - Oct 19, 2010
- Two of octuplet babies come home amid mayhem - Mar 19, 2009
- Nadya Suleman To Do A Porn Movie? - Sep 19, 2010
- Octomom Of America, Nadya Suleman, Voices To Oprah Winfrey That She Was A Baby Addict - Jan 17, 2011
- Octomom Nadya Suleman to sell bikini, bra to feed her 14 kids - Sep 26, 2010
- Fertility doc says Octomom agreed to be "human guinea pig" in study - Nov 20, 2010
- Octomom To Come Into Sight On The Show Of Oprah Winfrey - Apr 15, 2010
- Baby Addict "Octomom" Seeks Financial Solution In "Oprah Winfrey Show" - Jan 17, 2011
- Nadya Suleman Exists With Guilt Every Day - Apr 21, 2010
- Mexican woman with nine babies a fraud, say doctors - May 01, 2012
- California judge appoints financial guardian for US octuplets - Jul 28, 2009
- 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman To Appear In "Oprah Winfrey Show" - Apr 15, 2010
- Octomom open to having another kid, but after marriage - Feb 25, 2010
- Octomom - Nadya Suleman to appear on Oprah Winfrey's show - Apr 15, 2010
- Mexican woman pregnant with nine babies - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: babies, charity, downpayment, dpa, expectation, fertilisation, free government, health insurance, horizon, medical care, multiple births, nadya, octuplets, private sources, public assistance, reality show, single mother, tv reality, visible means of support, vitro