Unprotected anal sex most common among Asian women: StudyApril 23rd, 2010 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
New York, April 23 (ANI): A study has found that unprotected anal sex is most common among Asian women and others between the age group of 18 to 24.
According to a new Health Department study, just 23 percent of women make their partners use condoms during anal sex compared with 61 percent of men, reports the New York Daily News.
Health Commissioner Thomas Farley said the HIV risks of unprotected gay anal sex are widely known, but the study found “a large number of women are also putting themselves at high risk”.
Farley urged all New Yorkers to “use a condom every time”. (ANI)
- New York City Health Department survey shows only 23% of women use a condom during anal sex - Apr 21, 2010
- Unprotected anal sex ups HIV risk 20-fold - May 26, 2010
- Black gay men at higher HIV risk due to their perceptions of masculinity - May 03, 2011
- Witness to violence makes women prone to risky sex: Study - May 11, 2012
- Not just a handmaiden: Critical role of social science in HIV Prevention Research - May 25, 2010
- Transgenders at higher risk of HIV infection: UN - Nov 23, 2010
- 70 percent single British women have unprotected sex - May 31, 2012
- Heterosexual HIV 'in China aggravated by unprotected sex, drugs' - Nov 09, 2010
- China to have 1.2 mn HIV-affected people by 2015 - Dec 04, 2010
- China to have 1.2m HIV-positive people by the end of 2015 - Dec 04, 2010
- CSD500: Erection inducing condoms developed - May 10, 2011
- Gay man with HIV endangers lives of eight Australians - Dec 13, 2010
- India to avert 3 million HIV cases: World Bank - Nov 30, 2011
- Cambridge U students clueless about unsafe sex? - Nov 05, 2011
- Now an iPhone app that allows New Yorkers to find free condoms - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,