UK school girl suspended for giving teachers hash cakesOctober 7th, 2008 - 11:34 am ICT by ANI
London, October 7 (ANI): A 15-year-old girl in Leeds, UK, was suspended from her school after she served two of her teachers cakes laced with drugs last month, and she has now been moved to a different school.
The teachers at Wortley High School suffered from dizziness and headaches after eating the hash cakes, and were taken to hospital for emergency check-ups.
Upon their examination, the doctors suggested that the teachers had probably been drugged with cannabis.
The teachers were discharged from hospital hours later, and they returned to school the following day.
No official complaint about the incident was lodged and no police action taken; consequently, no tests were carried out on the cakes.
Staff at the school are said to have been asked not to accept food from pupils in the future.
“On September 10, two teaching assistants were taken to hospital after eating food taken into school by a pupil which was later suspected of containing an unknown substance. An investigation took place and the pupil was temporarily suspended,” the Telegraph quoted a spokesman for Leeds City Council as saying.
“The student in question has not been excluded from education, but is completing her studies at another school in Leeds,” he added.
A spokesman for Wortley High School said: “Wortley High School does not condone drugs and was disappointed this incident took place. Following a swift investigation, it took appropriate action which removed the pupil from the school while allowing her to remain in education. The school works hard to educate its pupils about the dangers and implications of drug abuse and will not tolerate any behaviour of this kind.” (ANI)
- Got the munchies? Try Oakland prof's savoury cannabis recipes! - Dec 08, 2010
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- 28 kids fall ill after eating noodles in China - Mar 04, 2011
- Taliban set ablaze Afghan school - Mar 10, 2012
- UK teacher fired for writing novel on students' sexual fantasies - Jan 13, 2011
- 48 students fall ill after having mid-day meal - Jul 14, 2011
- Indian head teacher sues UK school after 'bloody Indian', 'Paki lover' slurs - Feb 22, 2011
- British schools send off 900 violent pupils each day - Jul 30, 2011
- Plainfield Teacher Ashley Blumenshine Arrested For Having Sex With Student - Jan 06, 2011
- Teaching a lesson to the Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 09, 2011
- Cambridge students selling drugs to pay university fee - Feb 26, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Computer games could be turning your kid violent - Jul 26, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- Assam plans food supplement for high school girls - May 24, 2012
Tags: cakes, check ups, dizziness, dizziness and headaches, doctors, drug abuse, drugs, emergency check, hash, leeds city council, leeds uk, old girl, police action, pupil, pupils, school girl, spokesman, teaching assistants, telegraph, ups