UAE sends 735 tonnes of supplies for Libyan refugeesApril 16th, 2011 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, April 15 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has sent 735 tonnes of supplies to help the people affected by the volatile political situation in Libya.
The consignment includes food, medicines and medical equipment, as also six ambulances.
The convoy passed through the Salloum crossing on the Egypt-Libya border Friday, chairman of the UAE relief team Abdul Rahman Abdul Aziz said.
Aziz said the UAE would continue helping out people in times of hardship.
Another UAE relief team is helping out refugees at the Libya-Tunisia border. The relief camp at Ras Gadeer town has received over 1,000 displaced people.
- UAE continues to offer succour to Libyan refugees - Mar 15, 2011
- UAE distributes 250 tonnes of aid at Libya-Tunisia border - Apr 02, 2011
- UAE sends 40 tonnes of humanitarian aid to Libyan refugees - Mar 19, 2011
- UAE to assist Tunisia's deaf and dumb - Mar 30, 2011
- UAE continues to help refugees on Libyan-Egyptian border - Mar 13, 2011
- UAE bakery feeds 5,000 Somali families a day - Jul 09, 2012
- UAE discusses cooperation with UNHCR - Apr 27, 2012
- Over 250 people to get new houses in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE to provide health services to Syrian refugees in Jordan - Aug 05, 2012
- UAE's new envoy takes charge in Libya - Apr 30, 2012
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- Three kg hashish seized in UAE - Apr 14, 2011
- UAE to open 140 new mosques in 2011 - Jun 28, 2011
- UAE charity steps up humanitarian efforts in Pakistan - Apr 23, 2011
- UAE sends relief material for displaced Libyans - May 21, 2011