UAE delivers aid for Libyan schoolsSeptember 2nd, 2012 - 1:17 am ICT by IANS
Tripoli, Sep 1 (IANS/WAM) About 20 tonnes of stationery, school bags, and clothes for displaced students have been delivered by the UAE’s Red Crescent Authority (RCA) to the Libyan Red Crescent.
The aid was given on the directives of United Arab Emirates’ President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Abu Dhabi crown prince, Gen. Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The cargo plane, carrying the UAE’s aid, arrived Friday in Tripoli.
- UAE helping crisis-hit Yemen - Jul 01, 2012
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE president honours national Olympic football team - Mar 27, 2012
- UAE to set up camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan - Sep 04, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- UAE sends 40 tonnes of humanitarian aid to Libyan refugees - Mar 19, 2011
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- Greater Flamingo breeds at Al Wathba Wetland Reserve - Aug 14, 2012
- UAE, Tunisia discuss educational cooperation - May 09, 2012
- UAE's new envoy takes charge in Libya - Apr 30, 2012
- UAE, Germany discuss bilateral relations - Aug 29, 2012
- UAE to provide $136mn food aid for Yemen - Jun 04, 2012
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, cargo plane, clothes, crown prince, khalifa bin zayed, mohammed bin zayed, president sheikh khalifa, rca, red crescent, school bags, sheikh khalifa bin zayed, sheikh khalifa bin zayed al nahyan, sheikh mohammed bin zayed, stationery, tonnes, tripoli, united arab emirates, vd, wam, zayed al nahyan