UAE charity gets one mn hours of volunteer workJune 9th, 2012 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, June 8 (IANS/WAM) Volunteers from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and around the world have dedicated one million hours of work to UAE charity group Zayed Giving Initiative.
The volunteers worked in different fields — health, educational, environmental and cultural.
The initiative was launched under the patronage of Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, chairwoman of the General Women’s Union, of the Family Development Foundation and the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood.
- UAE charity helps 1 mn people - May 10, 2012
- Heart disease awareness campaign begins in Dubai - Apr 14, 2012
- UAE hospital provides health care to Pakistani children - Oct 06, 2010
- UAE group launches awards for sportswomen - Apr 10, 2012
- UAE opens mobile hospital at Somali-Kenyan border - Oct 31, 2011
- UAE minister in Forbes' Most Powerful Women list - Oct 09, 2010
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- UAE to enrol one million volunteers for social work - Apr 16, 2011
- UAE, US hold talks - Jan 17, 2012
- UAE launches first global mobile children's hospital - Sep 07, 2010
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- UAE volunteers celebrate Eid with Syrian refugees - Aug 20, 2012
- UAE holds International Pearl Exhibition - Nov 11, 2010
- Indian missions in UAE announce special Ramadan timings - Jul 29, 2011
- UAE congratulates new Egyptian president-elect - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, bint, chairwoman, charity group, development foundation, fatima bint mubarak, initiative, motherhood, one million, patronage, s union, sheikha fatima bint mubarak, supreme council, united arab emirates, volunteer work, volunteers, wam, zayed