Twitter cookbook set to hit the shelvesSeptember 15th, 2010 - 4:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 15 (ANI): A Canadian writer, who posted her recipes on Twitter, is all set to publish a cookbook in the format used on the micro-blogging site.
Maureen Evans, 29, began sharing her passion for cooking on Twitter almost three years ago, and has gained more than 32,000 fans on @cookbook, her Twitter account.
But the big moment came when her recipes caught the eye of publisher Artisan, who persuaded her to compile her recipe tweets into a book- ‘Eat Tweet’-which will be launched on Thursday.
“The real benefit is that it’s such a small book and it has 1,000 recipes in it, and it can fit in your back pocket,” the Telegraph quoted Evans as saying.
Her recipes are diverse and reflect her love for cooking, which was instilled by her parents while growing up in British Columbia, Canada, and her time living in San Francisco.
Recent tweets ranged from a fruity couscous to a Thai yam khao pot, or corn salad.
Despite Twitter’s tight format, Miss Evans said she aims to pepper her recipes with a dash of lyricism.
“I do think food writing should appeal to the ear as well as the stomach. I try to leave some flavour of food writing there,” said Evans, who now lives Belfast, Northern Ireland.
But she admitted that some recipes were difficult to translate into “twitterese.”
“I don’t intend to replace people’s home cookbooks at all. It’s a little bit of fun and a creative approach,” she said. (ANI)
- Jyoti Basu loved pasta, says grand-daughter and gourmet author - Jul 25, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay's cookbook named worst of 2010 for unhealthy recipes - Dec 21, 2010
- 'Modernist Cuisine' - the world's heaviest recipe book? - Mar 14, 2011
- Switch to olive oil for better health: Cookery expert Nita Mehta (With Image) - Jan 08, 2012
- 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra - May 08, 2012
- McCartney launches vegetarian cookery book - Mar 27, 2012
- Dr Oz Convinces Paula Dean to Stop Smoking, Cook Healthier - Oct 12, 2011
- Old world aroma from Ranchi's green hills (With Images) (IANS Book Review) - Jul 14, 2011
- Got the munchies? Try Oakland prof's savoury cannabis recipes! - Dec 08, 2010
- Beyonce wants to release cook book - Jul 28, 2011
- Sonu feels Bipasha best for 'Munni' song! (Movie Snippets) - Sep 05, 2011
- 'Experienced and confident cook' Marilyn Monroe's stuffing recipe revealed - Nov 13, 2010
- Rachael Ray: Poppy Montgomery & Linda Evans - Oct 18, 2011
- Cher Lloyd talks about abuse on 'Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' - Feb 10, 2011
- Indian literary scene saw fests, awards, strong publishing (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: artisan, belfast northern ireland, bit of fun, british columbia canada, canadian writer, cookbook, cookbooks, corn salad, couscous, creative approach, flavour, lyricism, maureen evans, miss evans, shelves, stomach, tweet, tweets, twitter, yam