Top Oriya film star suffers from blood cancerMay 4th, 2008 - 3:14 pm ICT by admin
Bhubaneswar, May 4 (IANS) Well-known Oriya film actor Hara Patnaik is suffering from blood cancer and undergoing treatment in a hospital at Vellore in Andhra Pradesh, a family member said here Sunday. Patnaik, 49, is suffering from Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), a type of blood cancer. He was admitted to the Christian Medical College and Hospital last week, the family member told IANS.
He has acted in negative roles in over a hundred Oriya films. He has also directed dozens of successful Oriya movies. Some of the films he directed include “A Jugara Krushna Sudama”, “Sata Kahibaku Kia Daribi” and “Daiba Daudi”.
Patnaik fell ill recently during the shooting of a mega serial “Sri Jagannath”, Oriya film “Swarga Dwara” and a Bengali film in which he is playing a major role.
“At least six million rupees are required for his treatment. To raise funds, we are going to organize star nights across the state,” said Sidhanta Mohapatra, a film actor.
“We are going to involve some Hindi film stars including Mithun Chakraborty, who acted in Oriya films, in the fund raising,” Mohapatra said.
- Oriya filmmaker Basant Nayak passes away - Jun 27, 2011
- Gene mutations help leukemia drug fight squamous cell lung cancer - Apr 04, 2011
- Key cause of chronic leukemia progression identified - Mar 05, 2010
- Now, a one-two drug punch approach to KO a lethal cancer - Jun 08, 2009
- Novel approach for leukaemia treatment discovered - Mar 04, 2010
- 70 percent of childhood cancers can be cured: Experts - Jun 21, 2012
- New study shows evidence of stem cells' pivotal role in cancer - Dec 22, 2010
- Fish oil may hold key to leukaemia cure - Dec 23, 2011
- Dissident leader upset but rules out split in BJD - May 30, 2012
- Small molecule may deactivate enemy of cancer-fighting p53 - Dec 08, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik to meet BJD leaders Friday (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Molecular signature may tell which cancer patients will respond to therapy - Sep 07, 2009
- New therapy mounts double-barreled attack on leukaemia - Jun 04, 2010
- Over 40,000 childhood cancer cases in India every year: Experts - Feb 06, 2011
- Green tea may help treat chronic leukemia - Jun 05, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh, bengali film, blood cancer, christian medical college, chronic myelogenous leukemia, cml, daiba, daudi, family member, film actor, hara, hindi film stars, leukemia, mithun chakraborty, oriya films, rupees, sri jagannath, star nights, undergoing treatment, vellore