Three simple steps to treat erectile dysfunctionFebruary 5th, 2009 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 5 (ANI): Is erectile dysfunction taking the joy out of your sex life? Take heart, for Temple urologist Jack Mydlo has offered three simple steps to get back the pleasure - cut back on fat, control cholesterol, and kick the butt.
Men often rely on the little blue pill to score in the bedroom but following these three simple steps can improve their performance without a visit to the doctor or a drugstore.
After diabetes and high blood pressure the next culprit in the line for erectile dysfunction (ED) is cigarette.
The number one thing we can do to stop erectile dysfunction is to stop smoking. Its the number one environmental cause of ED in our society, said Mydlo.
It restricts the blood flow to the penis. He said it takes 12 to 24 months for better function once you quit the habit.
Men with high cholesterol are at two fold risk of developing ED.
Men with a cholesterol level of 240 or higher have almost a twofold increase of ED compared to a man who has lower cholesterol numbers, said Mydlo.
High levels of cholesterol lead to plaque buildup in tubes (in the penis and arteries, which can greatly reduce blood flow.
Obesity is to blame not only for men with self-esteem issues involving their appearance, but also their performance.
Adipose tissue in body fat converts testosterone to estrogen, and lower levels of testosterone can make it difficult for a man to achieve an erection, no matter how many pills they take, said Mydlo.
Losing weight will improve the testosterone to estrogen ratio, which may improve sex drive, or libido, as well as erections. It also decreases cholesterol, which will help improve blood flow. (ANI)
- The secret to longer-lasting sex lies in your arteries - Dec 01, 2010
- CSD500: Erection inducing condoms developed - May 10, 2011
- Viagra in condom promises the lift - Dec 09, 2011
- Popping too many pills ruins bedroom performance - Nov 15, 2011
- Beware of passion busters in the bedroom - Mar 29, 2011
- Weight loss improves testosterone levels - Jun 05, 2011
- Non-invasive extenders better than surgery for men who want longer penis - Apr 19, 2011
- Weight loss helps boost low testosterone levels - Jun 26, 2012
- Viagra 'doesn't work for half the men who take it' - Sep 28, 2010
- Brazil spider's venom could help in man's sexual life - Aug 30, 2012
- Staggering 26 pct of Chinese men suffer from erectile dysfunction - Jul 12, 2010
- Viagra no good for men with low testosterone levels - Sep 28, 2010
- Erection inducing condom 'CSD500' might soon be available in Europe - May 10, 2011
- Viagra 'doesn't work for men with low testosterone' - Sep 25, 2010
- Study links impotence to heart risk - May 20, 2010
Tags: arteries, blood flow, butt men, cholesterol level, cholesterol numbers, control cholesterol, culprit, environmental cause, estrogen, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, losing weight, lower cholesterol, plaque buildup, self esteem issues, sex drive, sex life, simple steps, twofold increase, urologist