The ultimate ‘yummy mummy’ buggy that turns into bike!May 15th, 2009 - 3:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 15 (ANI): Mums and dads can now peddle their way to the parks or shops along with their kids, courtesy the pushchair that converts into a child-carrying bicycle in just 20 seconds.
The three-wheeled Taga - described by makers as the ultimate ‘yummy mummy accessory’ is capable of carrying youngsters up to six years of age.
Children are carried in forward-facing seats between the handlebars of the bike and are secured by a five-point harness.
It saves on costly petrol and parking charges. It is also environmentally friendly because it is carbon emission free.
It contains head cushion that offers children added protection and a fully-sealed chain guard ensures that no clothes or body parts can get trapped.
The bike can be easily disassembled and fitted with a wide variety of accessories including a shopping basket or rain hood.
Taga is available in red, green, orange or light-blue. It has been developed over the last four years by an international team of designers and engineers.
Taga general manager Hagai Barak insists that the pushchair-bicycle, which has just gone on sale in the UK, turned a standard journey into an adventure.
“Taga is what all busy city living, environmentally conscious parents have been waiting for,” the Telegraph quoted a Barak as saying.
“Navigating any town or city with small children can be challenging, not to mention time consuming, costly and harmful to the environment if you must go everywhere by car.
“Taga has been specifically designed to allow parents and children to travel together more intimately and easily, turning a typical urban journey into an adventure,” Barak added. (ANI)
- Mexicans ride bikes to avoid traffic jams - Sep 03, 2012
- Handlebars affect female cyclists' genital health - Jul 10, 2012
- 'Bond' bike with flame-thrower, ejector seat to be unveiled in London - Sep 30, 2010
- Chinese student cycles 15 days to attend her college - Aug 30, 2010
- 'Copenhagen Wheel' bicycle uses peddlers' energy to zoom uphill - Aug 20, 2010
- Riding a bike is extremely complicated, say scientists - Jun 22, 2010
- Bicycle thieves target Australian Open - Jan 24, 2011
- Children pedal over 2,000 km against female foeticide - May 16, 2012
- Sebastian Coe launches Olympic bicycles - Dec 11, 2011
- Parents should consider teen activity options when choosing home - May 30, 2010
- Adele splurges on nursery - Jul 13, 2012
- Chandigarh boy wins Kingfisher's Himalayan expedition - Jul 15, 2011
- Now, ID proof must to buy bicycles in Jaipur - Aug 03, 2012
- Secret Santa hangs presents on fir trees! - Dec 19, 2009
- Light-weight bikes may not 'necessarily' reduce commuting time - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: barak, bicycle, body parts, buggy, busy city, carbon emission, green orange, handlebars, mums, parents and children, parking charges, petrol, point harness, pushchair, rain hood, shopping basket, six years, urban journey, youngsters, yummy mummy