The top 11 most anticipated games of 2009January 11th, 2009 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 11 (ANI): ”Punch-Out”, ”Grand Theft Auto IV”, ”The Beatles Game” and ”StarCraft II”-these are some of the eleven games that are expected to keep players hooked on to them in 2009.
Game|Life contributors Nate Ralph, Earnest Cavalli, Chris Baker and Chris Kohler, have made the list of 11 games that should make waves this year, reports Wired News.
The 11 most anticipated games of 2009 are:
This revival of Nintendo’’s classic puzzle-sports-rhythmic-punching game will show the croissants fly from Glass Joe as he’’s knocked to the canvas. It is expected to be as addictive as its previous version.
Infamous (PlayStation 3)
Infamous is being billed as the ultimate superhero simulator, a game that lets you choose your path, saving the city or wreaking destruction.
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned (Xbox 360)
The new Xbox 360 downloadable expansion to GTA IV offers a lengthy new narrative, and upgrades the favourite virtual metropolis with new weapons, missions, vehicles and multiplayer modes.
Resident Evil 5 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
Metal Gear Solid 4-level visual polish, a nicely modified strain of the Resident Evil 4 control scheme, online co-operative multiplayer and the woefully underrepresented setting of the African Savannah all indicate that Resident Evil 5 almost has to be something special.
The Beatles Game (Multiplatform)
Harmonix’’s collaboration with The Beatles is the odds-on favourite to be the biggest thing to happen to videogames, and maybe even music, in 2009. Harmonix is letting go of Rock Band 3 this year to concentrate its efforts on re-creating the Fab Four’’s music in interactive form. Even if this were just downloadable content for Rock Band, it would be one of the best things to happen this year.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (Windows)
Relic Entertainment is bringing players back to the basics with Dawn of War II - namely, control of small, elite squads embroiled in close-quarters combat, with a number of traditional RPG mechanics rolled in. Dawn of War’’s gleefully excessive brutality and visual flair have been revamped, adding tantalizing levels of detail to the act of vigorously throttling enemy units before hurling them through the air like a large, wet sack.
BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC)
According to game makers, 2K, BioShock can be its Star Wars, implying that this episode could be as awesome as The Empire Strikes Back.
Dark Void (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows)
Earnest Cavalli has said that Dark Void may turn out to be the sleeper hit of 2009.
StarCraft II (Windows, Mac)
Blizzard Entertainment, a developer that has never released a bad game, is finishing up a sequel of StarCraft with gorgeous graphics, new unit types and abilities, and improved online matchmaking.
Killzone 2 (PlayStation 3)
Guerrilla Games” next stab at the good-guys-versus-space-Nazis formula promises to deliver much more than hypermasculine, shades-of-gray gorefest.
Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo DS)
Rhythm Heaven is a collection of hilarious, inventive and often brutally difficult music-based minigames created by the WarioWare team. (ANI)
- Microsoft to bring cable TV content to Xbox game console - Oct 06, 2011
- Microsoft unveils voice activated Xbox Kinect - Nov 05, 2010
- Medal Of Honor Limited Edition Make Gamers Go Berserk - Oct 12, 2010
- Now a game on 'Madagascar 3' - May 29, 2012
- 'Thor' Movie Tie In Admitted By Sega - Jul 25, 2010
- Mass Effect 2 'Arrival' trailer available - Mar 29, 2011
- Cyber Monday Unveils Bonanza For Gaming Addicts - Nov 30, 2010
- Playstation Plus Unveiled At E3 By Sony - Jun 16, 2010
- The Beatles music being immortalised in Rock Band game - Mar 06, 2009
- 'Call of Duty MW3' all set to create record - Nov 18, 2011
- Microsoft X-Box Slim Release Date Announced At E3 - Jun 15, 2010
- Brisbane to own Australia's first video-game nightclub - Jan 22, 2010
- Call Of Duty Black Ops Trailer Is Available - May 01, 2010
- Walmart Black Friday Deals for 2009 - Nov 26, 2009
- Now The Beatles video game - Mar 15, 2009
Tags: african savannah, anticipated games, chris kohler, classic puzzle, dawn of war, fab four, glass joe, grand theft auto, grand theft auto iv, gta iv, Metal Gear Solid 4, multiplayer modes, new xbox 360, playstation 3, relic entertainment, resident evil 4, resident evil 5, starcraft ii, virtual metropolis, warhammer 40 000 dawn of war