The Japanese restaurant where robots are chefs and entertainers!August 8th, 2009 - 12:02 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 8 (ANI): A newly opened restaurant in Japan has robots instead of humans as its chefs.
The FuA-Men - Fully Automated raMen restaurant in Nagoya, Japan features a chef and an assistant, and both of them are robots.
These robots perform all of the cooking tasks needed to make eighty bowls per day, and also serve customers who come to their small shop.
Even the customers feel little difference between noodle dishes and other meals prepared by real, human chefs, and meals prepared by autonomous robots.
“The benefits of using robots as ramen chefs include the accuracy of timing in boiling noodles, precise movements in adding toppings and consistency in the taste and temperature of the soup,” Live Science quoted Kenji Nagaya, president of local robot manufacturer Aisei as saying.
Despite cooking food, the FuA-men robotic chefs also work hard to entertain customers.
They engage in manzai play, a stand-up comedy style popular in Japan. (ANI)
- A window to Nigerian delicacies in Indian capital (With Images) - Aug 05, 2011
- Now robots become chefs in Chinese restaurant - Feb 18, 2011
- Feast on yam leaf, jungle asparagus when in Himachal (Feature with images) - Jun 08, 2011
- Chef's table week, unique concept taking root in India (With Images) - Feb 19, 2012
- New Chinese restaurant has robos as waitresses! - Dec 10, 2010
- Special menus in Mumbai hotels for Republic Day - Jan 24, 2012
- Europe's oldest vegetarian restaurant on culinary crusade (With Images) - Aug 05, 2011
- Beijing restaurant basks in Biden's visit fame - Aug 20, 2011
- Chinese stir-fry is Britain's top dish - Jan 22, 2012
- Shirataki Noodles Said To Have Health Benefits - Jan 09, 2010
- 40pc of Brits prefer their mums' home cooking to anyone else's - Aug 31, 2010
- A Chennai restaurant's unique Saturday night dinner - May 25, 2012
- Soon, a virtual helmet that has dinner ready as soon as you reach home - Jul 22, 2010
- Over the moon with some authentic Chinese cuisine (Eating out with IANS) (With image) - Nov 03, 2009
- Singapore Sling Brings Victory To Kevin Sbraga - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: accuracy, autonomous robots, bowls, chefs, comedy style, consistency, entertainers, fua, japanese restaurant, kenji, live science, nagaya, nagoya japan, noodle dishes, noodles, precise movements, robot, stand up comedy