The high street face cream that even scientists say can banish wrinklesApril 28th, 2009 - 11:37 am ICT by ANI
London, Apr 28 (ANI): Women’s prayers have finally been answered - scientists have confirmed that a bestselling face cream available on the high street can visibly reduce wrinkles.
What’s more, the miraculous lotion can reduce the damage caused by the sun.
The Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum became a household item after it sold out after an Horizon programme on BBC Two in March 2007. The programme claimed that it was as effective at combating sun damage - the most noticeable sign of ageing on the skin - as products that can be prescribed only by a doctor.
Now, Chris Griffiths, Professor of Dermatology at the University of Manchester, is going to present further findings of a clinical trial to examine whether the cream could achieve effects that are visible to the naked eye, reports The Times.
In a year-long double-blind clinical trial, which involved 60 volunteers and funded by Boots, 30 people used Portect & Perfect on their faces and a placebo group of 30 used a normal moisturiser.
The results of the research will be published in the British Journal of Dermatology.
The findings are expected to show significant differences between the two groups, judged from a comparison of “before” and “after” photographs and examining participants’ faces for signs of sun damage such as wrinkles and moles.
The cream contains chemicals called pentapeptides which are considered the active ingredient. (ANI)
- Budget supermarket Aldi sells miracle cream at cut-price version - Oct 30, 2010
- Drinking gallons of water does erase wrinkles - Sep 20, 2010
- Sunshine causes wrinkles 'even through a window' - Sep 07, 2010
- Now, a cream made of snail slime that promises to banish wrinkles! - Mar 28, 2011
- Skincare products okay to use during Ramadan - Aug 13, 2011
- 10 do's and don'ts for a healthy, glowing skin - Nov 15, 2010
- Gisele Bundchen slammed for describing sun lotion as 'poison' - Feb 04, 2011
- Forget botox, moisturisers best for wrinkles - Jun 02, 2010
- The miracle cream that banishes wrinkles flies off the shelves - May 01, 2009
- Creams used to treat eczema can make it worse - Nov 14, 2010
- Moisturizer 'more than enough to keep wrinkles at bay' - Jun 01, 2010
- More beauty spots mean better health, younger looks - Nov 23, 2010
- Beckham uses Victoria's beauty products - Nov 13, 2010
- DiCaprio splurges $1,400 on beauty products - Nov 12, 2009
- Celebrate Holi, but with care - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: active ingredient, ageing, bbc, boots, chris griffiths, clinical trial, dermatology, face cream, horizon, moisturiser, naked eye, pentapeptides, perfect beauty, placebo group, prayers, serum, street face, sun damage, university of manchester, wrinkles