The HappyHR device that tracks calorie burning, even while sleepingMarch 12th, 2009 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 12 (ANI): A team of students at the Georgia Institute of Technology has designed a device that allows individuals to constantly compute the amount of calories they burn even while sleeping.
The device, dubbed HappyHR, is a personal monitor that allows users to measure and compare day-to-day physical and caloric activity.
The name is a reference to the euphoric feeling that follows an intense round of exercise the happy hour.
Its a completely converged device. Its a single unit that provides complete fitness monitoring and management, said Garrett Langley, 21, a senior in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) who spearheaded the project.
The small, rectangular-shaped instrument straps to the wrist or ankle, gathering data related to heart rate and exercise.
The information is then transferred via Bluetooth to a PC, where the statistics can be analyzed through Web-based software.
Although the device focuses on calorie counting, Langley envisions more thorough health applications including respiratory and glucose monitoring. (ANI)
- Tech students offer device to track calorie burning - Mar 12, 2009
- New gadget reminds you of extra calories - Aug 03, 2011
- Fuel cells developed that may help paralysed move - Jun 14, 2012
- Bluetooth offers round-the-clock health monitoring - Mar 11, 2012
- Your body heat could power future devices - Jul 01, 2012
- Mixed-carb sports drink with protein improves stamina in female athletes - Apr 15, 2011
- Now, pedal at your desk to combat ill effects of that sedentary job - Feb 15, 2011
- Change in lifestyle necessary to stop diabetes-related cognitive disorders - Aug 23, 2010
- New device to make blood glucose testing easier - Mar 16, 2011
- Glucose Tattoos To Monitor Diabetes - Jun 07, 2010
- Rubik's Cube robo solves puzzle in 15 seconds! - Dec 05, 2010
- High-tech mobiles used in AIIMS paper leak - Jan 09, 2012
- 3 held for trying to leak SBI exam paper (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Cut your flab 'while at office, outside and even when asleep' - Apr 24, 2011
- Device to free diabetics from pinpricks? - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: amount of calories, bluetooth, computer engineering, ece, exercise, fitness, garrett, georgia institute of technology, glucose, happy hour, health applications, heart rate, institute of technology, instrument straps, langley, single unit, statistics, that allows users, web based software