Ten most attractive Chinese cities for foreignersMay 3rd, 2012 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 3 (IANS) Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin and Shenzhen are among the 10 most attractive Chinese cities for foreigners, a survey has revealed.
The results of the “2011 Amazing China - the most attractive Chinese cities for foreigners” survey were recently released. The other top cities are Wuhan, Guangzhou, Suzhou, Chongqing, Xiamen and Hangzhou, People’s Daily reported Wednesday.
Beijing is the country’s top political and cultural exchange centre. The city offers a diversified cultural experience, a window into various aspects of the country.
Shanghai is China’s top economic, financial, trade and shipping centre. The city is endowed with natural and cultural resources, coupled with the most concentrated resources of high-caliber overseas professionals in China.
The 2010 Shanghai World Expo showed the world its beauty, ambition, and vitality. Overseas professionals describe Shanghai as “a modern international city featuring openness, fashion, and creativeness” with a good public order and friendly residents.
Tianjin has left a unique impression on many foreign visitors. As they see it, the city integrates characteristics of both Western and Chinese cities.
As a special economic zone, Shenzhen has become a major base for China’s high-tech industry, a new centre for finance and information, a business centre in southern China, a transportation hub, and a top tourist destination.
- Hong Kong tops Chinese competitive city list - May 21, 2012
- Nearly half of China's millionaires consider emigration - Nov 01, 2011
- Chinese building mocked as giant long johns - Sep 04, 2012
- Beijing, Shanghai costly cities for expats - Jul 16, 2011
- Ride horse to work, say equestrian enthusiasts - Jun 03, 2011
- Toxic fumes kill six in China tunnel - Dec 10, 2011
- Chinese city eyes more Western tourists - Mar 08, 2012
- Chinese cities see property prices fall - Jul 18, 2011
- Chinese city set to become major shipping hub - Jul 25, 2012
- Shanghai woos foreign educated natives - Apr 26, 2012
- Suzhou: China's Venice of the East (Letter from China) - Oct 09, 2011
- China's transport authorities step up efforts to reduce emission - Nov 27, 2011
- Drought hits 672,000 people in Chinese metropolis - Sep 02, 2011
- 29 injured in China restaurant blast - Sep 17, 2011
- China to go into 4G telecom technology by 2015 - Jan 03, 2011
Tags: beijing, business centre, chinese cities, creativeness, cultural exchange, cultural resources, exchange centre, foreigners, hangzhou, openness, overseas professionals, shanghai world expo, shenzhen, shipping centre, southern china, special economic zone, tianjin, tourist destination, transportation hub, xiamen