Teacher saves students from bus, loses legsMay 14th, 2012 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 14 (IANS) A woman teacher in China lost both of her legs while trying to save students from an uncontrolled bus outside the school.
Zhang Lili, a 29-year-old teacher at a school in Heilongjiang province, also suffered major fractures of her lumbar vertebrae, weight-bearing portion of the back, and pelvis in the accident, People’s Daily reported Monday.
The accident happened last Tuesday when some students were walking to a van and two buses lined up to take students home.
The bus at the end suddenly lurched forward and hit the other bus, pushing it toward the van and a car in the opposite lane. Several students were passing between the van and the bus.
Zhang, who was crossing the road, rushed to the students and pulled them to safety. But she was knocked down and the bus ran over her legs.
At the hospital, doctors had to amputate her legs to save her life.
She was in stable but critical condition after being moved to a larger hospital.
- Week after leg crushed by bus, girl dies - Jul 24, 2012
- Arunima's condition stable: AIIMS Doctors - Apr 19, 2011
- Chinese student saves man from train, may lose legs - Jul 16, 2012
- 28 Belgians die in Swiss bus accident (Evening Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Three students caned over 300 times for not doing homework - May 20, 2011
- China punishes 16 officials for school bus accident - Aug 02, 2012
- School bus in Kashmir rolls into gorge, 3 killed (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- 38 die in Pakistan school bus accident - Sep 27, 2011
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Schoolboy runs over four students - Sep 05, 2011
- Stem cells help save woman's leg - Oct 01, 2010
- 11 students drowned in China - Jun 10, 2012
- Class four student run over in Delhi - Jul 27, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- Lack of facilities hinders primary education in Azamgarh (With Images) - Mar 10, 2012