Study finds that lifting weights reduces risk of diabetesAugust 7th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Aug 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A recent study has found out that weight lifting can help reduce the chances of developing the most common forms of diabetes in men by 34 percent. The research also showed that doing exercises such as jogging and brisk walking to exercise the muscles would also help a great deal in keeping the diabetes away.
Scientist’s analyzed data that was got from 32,000 people in America who participated in a study that was supposed to find out the effects that lifestyle has on health. Men filled questionnaires about the amount of time that they spent in gyms and working out. The studies showed that even little weight training helps a great deal in reducing the chances of developing diabetes.
However, the more time one spent working out, the higher percentage of reducing diabetes he has. Past studies have shown that aerobic exercises are a major way of keeping type 2 diabetes at bay. This type of diabetes is linked to lifestyle and obesity and it is said to occur when the body stops responding to insulin which is a hormone that is meant to regulate sugar in the body. Millions of people in the world suffer from the illness and it is advised that people take the research seriously so that they can reduce their chances of developing diabetes.
- Weight training cuts diabetes risk by 34 percent - Aug 07, 2012
- Exercise improves survival in prostate cancer patients - Feb 02, 2012
- Weight loss helps boost low testosterone levels - Jun 26, 2012
- Here come smart insulin pumps for diabetic kids - Apr 12, 2012
- Taking the needle out of diabetes - Nov 07, 2011
- Avoiding or controlling diabetes may cut cancer risk, mortality - Apr 04, 2011
- Diabetes in your genes makes obesity inevitable - May 11, 2010
- Micro-RNA that regulates insulin in obesity identified - Apr 01, 2011
- Computer-exercise combo prevents memory loss - May 02, 2012
- Exercises that can help treat arthritis - Aug 15, 2010
- Low testosterone raises risk of diabetes - May 04, 2012
- Study: Exercise has minor effect on weight loss - Sep 21, 2010
- Study reveals that jogging helps in losing belly fat - Aug 31, 2011
- Artificial pancreas can 'effectively' improve diabetes control in adults - Apr 16, 2011
- Cannabis can help treat obesity - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,