Spurious liquor kills four in Delhi, residents hold protestsMarch 19th, 2009 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) Four people died after consuming spurious liquor in southwest Delhi, police said Thursday, even as protests by residents - who claimed the toll was over 10 in the past week - led to massive traffic jams in the area.
“Four people died after consuming spurious liquor in the Brahmapuri region,” the duty officer at the Dabri police station said.
Police had received a report Tuesday that two people died after drinking liquor and two were in critical condition in hospital. “Those in critical condition have also succumbed to poisoning,” the official said.
The incident sparked protests from residents, who claimed that over 10 people have died after consuming adulterated liquor this past week. The protests caused massive traffic jams in the area Thursday, the police official said.
- Major hooch tragedies in India - Dec 15, 2011
- Spurious liquor kills six in Andhra - Dec 31, 2011
- Moonshine kills four - Oct 01, 2010
- Adulterated liquor kills 29 in Ecuador - Jul 23, 2011
- Spurious liquor claims five lives in Bihar - Sep 22, 2010
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 143 (Intro Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 148 (Second Intro Roundup, correcting figure in headline) - Dec 16, 2011
- Hooch kills 26 in Odisha, probe ordered (Third Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Poisonous liquor kills four - Jan 28, 2011
- Spurious liquor kills three in Bihar - Jul 11, 2011
- Punjab hooch deaths rise to 18 - Oct 29, 2010
- Spurious liquor kills four in Bihar, three held (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Illicit liquor kills four in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 27, 2011
- Moonshine kills seven Hindus in Pakistan - Oct 20, 2011
- Moonshine kills nine in Bulandshahr (Lead) - Mar 03, 2010