Soon, real-life experience for virtual shoppers!December 28th, 2008 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, December 28 (ANI): A new scheme to replicate real-life shopping experience in London into virtual reality is being chased by West End traders.
The 8 million-pound plan, masterminded by Alex Wrottesley, a budding media entrepreneur, will sought to provide online shoppers to click their way into perfect copies replicas of renowned stores, and thumb through products stacked on virtual shelves.
The idea to duplicate the central London shopping streets online would let browsers click their way down traffic-free roads, and to enter the shop of their desire, reports TimesOnline.
The virtual streets would be set to be free from beggars, pickpockets or graffiti soiling the pristine online landscape with an occasional Routemaster bus to ensure smooth flow of pedestrian traffic.
Designers also intend to include weather changing features to the model as per Met Office data, meaning if it was pouring on Oxford Street, then there would be a simulated rain online.
Wrottesley said: This is the first time that someone has tried to recreate a city just as youd find it in real life. (ANI)
- Facebook has more than 83 mn fake users - Aug 02, 2012
- Google to launch its Google Editions e-reader service in US this year - Dec 05, 2010
- Updates on social networking sites worth more than $30m a day - Apr 13, 2011
- Games around, beggars made to disappear from Delhi streets - Oct 01, 2010
- Bust stress, conquer sky -- the virtual way (Lead) (Feature with images) - Jul 20, 2011
- Boy uses Twitter to help nab thief - Nov 22, 2010
- Now websites can track your IP address - Apr 25, 2011
- Gypsy gangs stole 200 kids to use as beggars, pick-pockets - Sep 28, 2010
- 'Sex Pistols' graffiti being studied by archaeologists - Nov 21, 2011
- German artists connect to India with hip-hop graffiti - Dec 09, 2011
- Deserted roads, packed pubs as Bangalore watches cricket - Apr 02, 2011
- Public smoking 16 times more polluting: Study - Jul 11, 2012
- Three held for selling illicit liquor in ambulance - Dec 22, 2011
- Teen falls to death from Australia bridge - Aug 29, 2011
- Microsoft web browser faces security risk - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: beggars, december 28, graffiti, life experience, london shopping, media entrepreneur, online shoppers, oxford street, pedestrian traffic, pickpockets, routemaster bus, shopping experience, smooth flow, thumb, virtual reality, virtual shelves, virtual shoppers, virtual streets, weather, west end