Soon, cars that give drivers fuel saving advicesMarch 9th, 2009 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, March 9 (ANI): Cars that give owners tips on how to attain maximum mileage while driving may soon be reality, thanks to a technology that is due in an Audi that wil be launched in Australia early next year.
The technology monitors driver behaviour and offers advice to cut fuel use, in turn reducing emissions of the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide.
The advices it gives include tips on the best gear to be in, not putting your foot on the clutch too early, and not using the accelerator when starting the car.
It even alerts the driver to how much air-conditioning, seat heaters and window demisters add to fuel consumption.
This technology, which may help reduce fuel consumption by up to 15 per cent, will initially be available only on the most efficient Audi models.
However, it can be adapted to any vehicle.
“It’’s a very new technology and we”re not sure how the customers will react. We are not trying to be schoolmasters. It gives you hints and tips about your driving style, so it could be a bit dangerous (in how some people accept such advice),” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted an Audi technical development engineer, Thomas Kamla, as saying.
He says that their new technology offers a way to involve drivers regarding the subject of fuel consumption.
“We are convinced it helps drivers to save fuel depending on your driving style, maybe an average between 10 and 15 per cent. If this experiment is successful we”ll bring it to market with all cars,” he added. (ANI)
- Eco-driving helps cut oil consumption - Feb 08, 2011
- Real-time 'eco-driving' can cut fuel consumption up to 6pc - Feb 08, 2011
- Audi launches upgraded Q7 quattro - Sep 29, 2010
- Audi launches new A4 model (With Image) - May 03, 2012
- Audi launches the new A6 sedan - Aug 03, 2011
- Coming soon: Self-braking car that saves lives - Aug 01, 2010
- Aditya Patel tests Audi in Germany - Dec 02, 2011
- Malaysian engineer accomplishes fuel feat at 21 km per litre - Nov 02, 2009
- Audi launches business edition of SUV Q5 - Aug 23, 2011
- Soon, cars that change colours according to owner's mood and sunlight - Sep 11, 2010
- Audi India to launch new models, ramp up network - Jan 17, 2011
- Audi's Q4 sales up 107 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- To Patna with love, from Eden bus service (Postcard from Patna) - Nov 18, 2011
- Envoy defends German cars against Jairam Ramesh's attack - Nov 13, 2010
- Delhi HC lawyer charges Audi India with selling defective Rs.40 lakh car - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: accelerator, air conditioning, audi models, cars, clutch, development engineer, driver behaviour, emissions, fuel consumption, gas carbon dioxide, greenhouse gas, kamla, maximum mileage, mileage, morning herald, new technology, reality thanks, seat heaters, sydney march, sydney morning herald