Social robots may soon be living around usFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 1:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 23 (ANI): Bringing robots closer to humans, scientists have now unveiled humanoid and dog robots that develop unique personalities when they interact with humans in a “robot nursery”.
Created by Lola Canamero from the University of Hertfordshire, these robots have learnt social tricks and were unveiled at the Science Museum in London this week.
Now, the researchers are also planning to make an emotional robotic head called Erwin, which communicates using basic facial expressions.
They are currently probing how humans accept this robot, reports New Scientist magazine.
They are also thinking of combining what they learn with results from the nursery to develop robots that will be able to live alongside humans as caregivers or pets. (ANI)
- Scientists create robot which registers human emotions - Jul 16, 2012
- New approach brings robot pets closer to reality - Sep 18, 2010
- Nao: First robot who has emotions - Aug 12, 2010
- Now a robot helps autistic kids - Mar 09, 2011
- Scientists develop sensitive skin for robots - Jun 30, 2011
- Fox may have been primitive man's best friend - Jan 28, 2011
- New robotic hand types like its human counterpart - Mar 04, 2011
- Non-verbal cues predict one's trustworthiness - Sep 12, 2012
- 'Robot carers' could help elderly with shopping, taking medication - Nov 09, 2010
- Delhi lad hopes his robots will bend it like Beckham - Jul 12, 2010
- Can robots be blamed for killing civilians? - Apr 24, 2012
- Table tennis playing robots debut in China - Oct 11, 2011
- A living robot who smiles, sings like a girl! - Apr 12, 2012
- Robot that mimics humans from the inside out - Sep 17, 2009
- Children can read dog barks better than adults - Oct 14, 2011