Social network launched for the dyingMay 22nd, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 22 (IANS) A social network for the dying — called “My Last Wish” — has been created to help dying people meet others who have similar hopes and ambitions which they wish to achieve before they die.
The free app, created by a software company called White Lotus Corporation, is available in Apple’s App Store, the Telegraph reported.
“A social networking application to make friendship with those unknown people from corners of the world with different ethnicity, culture, traditions, value systems, life style and much more - but having only one thing in common and that is the ‘Last Wish’,” the website says about itself.
“By this application, we have tried to unite the community on the ‘Wish Wall’ to share their last wish with the world and find out those people with similar wishes before they die, get connected to them and be friends forever.”
Users of the app - “fellow wishers” - are asked to post their final wish on to the “Wish Wall” and can choose to attach their email address or phone number so other users who want to do the same thing, can get in touch.
“Fellow wishers” can tap on a user’s name and their contacts will be instantly added to their phonebook.
One user named Eve Lynn said her last wish was to: “Drive out to the desert and watch the stars with the man I love.”
Kirtan Thaker, co-founder of the White Lotus Corporation, said: “I believed in the possibility that there can be two persons in this world with same hopes, dreams and wishes. I was confident that if we create an app where this possibility can be turned into reality, people will love this concept and they will get a chance to make friends who are unknown but having just one thing in common which is the last wish.”
- Choice of smartphone apps helps define your computing style - Feb 20, 2011
- Now 'last words' on Facebook - Jan 14, 2012
- Now, an iPad app that can predict what you want! - Apr 21, 2011
- Facebook says iPhone app doesn't leak users' phone numbers - Oct 07, 2010
- Apple's Mac App Store downloads top 100 mn - Dec 13, 2011
- Apple removes spam message app from App Store - Jul 06, 2012
- iPhone app for church confessions - Feb 09, 2011
- BlackBerry buys software company to beef up apps store - Apr 29, 2011
- Google opens online store for Android users - Feb 03, 2011
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Despite high popularity, Facebook pulls the plug on 'Breakup Notifier' - Feb 24, 2011
- Facebook to launch own app store - May 10, 2012
- Facebook Application Will Now Be Improved - Oct 09, 2010
- Facebook, Apple may be balkanising the web - Apr 16, 2012
- IPhone app that lets you 'scan and taste' beer! - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: ambitions, co founder, desert, eve, fellow, final wish, friendship, last wish, life style, lotus, lotus corporation, networking application, phone number, phonebook, social networking, software company, telegraph, traditions, two persons, white lotus