Sneezing? You may have been thinking of sexDecember 26th, 2008 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 26 (IANS) The act of sneezing evokes associations with cold or flu, but it might have something to do with sex.For example, Mahmood Bhutta, an ear-nose-and-throat (ENT) specialist at Wexham Park Hospital, recalls the case of a colleague’s middle-aged patient who had bouts of sneezing after thinking about sex.
Bhutta and senior colleague Harold Maxwell did some digging of their own by ‘googling’ sneeze-sex twice last year. Their ‘research’ turned up 17 responses by men and women, who admitted sneezing just after thinking of sex. Three others said sneezing was triggered by orgasm.
Bhutta and Maxwell speculated that thoughts of sex or even orgasm possibly activated our subconscious nervous system, which could lead to sneezing bouts in some, according to online reports.
The study was published in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Thinking about sex can make people sneeze - Dec 20, 2008
- 1 in 100 men may have an allergy to their own semen - Apr 02, 2011
- How to protect kids this flu season - Jan 16, 2011
- Russia poplars bring money - and masks - to Kashmir - May 27, 2011
- Keep away from noisy firecrackers for ear's sake - Nov 04, 2010
- Vietnamese ear picking gives most "ear-gasms" - Jan 25, 2011
- Middle-aged woman dies of swine flu in Punjab - Aug 09, 2010
- Mumbai doctor dies of dengue - Aug 23, 2010
- Swine flu virus could still mutate, warns WHO chief - Dec 30, 2009
- Fenugreek best way to ward off cold - Jan 21, 2011
- Rani's sickness stops show - Oct 30, 2009
- Why men don't want to chat after sex? - Jul 23, 2012
- Exercise can also trigger female 'coregasms' - Mar 19, 2012
- Shekhar Kapur inspired Prosenjit's look in 'Shanghai' - Apr 20, 2012
- Some women can think their way to orgasm - Aug 19, 2010