Snake venom, snail slime, placenta the bizarre ingredients of face creamsMay 30th, 2008 - 2:03 pm ICT by admin
London, May 30 (ANI): The next time you reach for your favourite face cream dont forget to glance through its label, for there is a big possibility that the brands ingredients might be a little putting off, especially as some of the ingredients include the likes of snake venom, snail slime, shark eggs and even placenta.
According to new research by Mintel, a lot of sickening ingredients have been found in skincare products on sale around the world.
One of such products include the American firm Syence Skin Care Laboratories Skin Venom Memory Cream, which is based on a snake peptide venom said to mirror the effects of Botox and conquer wrinkles.
Although available in Britain, it does not come cheap at 180 pounds per 50ml.
Chinese women can snap up a product by Profael Specialty Skin called Nourishment, which contains bee mucus, while in Colombia, users of Bonnie Baba de Caracol Moisturising Cream are rubbing extract of purified snail slime into their body.
In Denmark, Nanoko has launched a skin lotion based on milk from cows while in Norway they rely on the human body for ingredients.
There, the key element of Bioforskning’s Skinscience Spermine cream is a crystal extracted from seminal fluid said to be 30 times stronger than vitamin E and able to repair sunburnt skin.
“There are so many skincare products to choose from and manufacturers are increasingly having to look at the world around us in a new light to find bizarre, new ingredients to make their products stand out from the crowd, the Telegraph quoted Alexandra Richmond, a senior beauty analyst at Mintel, as saying. (ANI)
- Now, a cream made of snail slime that promises to banish wrinkles! - Mar 28, 2011
- DMAE Skin Cream Controversy Goes On - Feb 09, 2011
- Skincare products okay to use during Ramadan - Aug 13, 2011
- Budget supermarket Aldi sells miracle cream at cut-price version - Oct 30, 2010
- Beckham uses Victoria's beauty products - Nov 13, 2010
- Eight held with snake venom in Goa - Jul 31, 2012
- Top Beauty Product Ingredients To Avoid - Oct 02, 2010
- Beauty cream with bee stings in great demand - Dec 29, 2011
- Hilton to launch skin care products - Apr 25, 2011
- Paris Hilton to soon launch her own skin care collection - Apr 25, 2011
- Brit kids as young as 7 suffering sunburn - Jul 21, 2010
- Chinese herbal medicine can improve skin-whitening creams - Mar 31, 2011
- Cheryl Cole 'uses snake venom to keep wrinkles at bay' - Feb 05, 2010
- Chinese youth turn metrosexual - Nov 20, 2011
- I don't believe in crash diets: Zarine Khan - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: baba de caracol, chinese women, face cream, face creams, mintel, moisturising cream, mucus, nourishment, peptide, seminal fluid, shark eggs, skin lotion, skin venom, skincare products, skinscience, slime, snail, snake venom, spermine, sunburnt skin