Six-and-a-half-year-old passes IGNOU examMarch 27th, 2011 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 27 (IANS) A six-and-a-half-year-old boy has become the youngest recipient of an Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) degree, passing the exam for the Certificate in Craft and Design Programme, an university official said Sunday.
Divya Prakash Pandey, a resident of Delhi, cleared the exam held under the School of Engineering and Technology with 76 percent marks and was felicitated by the university, the official said.
“He is not only the youngest student of IGNOU but also the youngest student ever admitted in any university. A class 2 student of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Vigyan Vihar in east Delhi, Pandey was interested in craft and design,” the official said.
He has crafted wonderful creations with clay, besides designing different patterns and creating innovative ideas in craft and design, added the official.
- President Patil felicitates Roshni logo contest winner (With image) - Jun 05, 2012
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- IGNOU opens admission for three visual arts courses - Jul 12, 2012
- IGNOU-UNESCO Science Olympiad winners to be felicitated - Nov 11, 2010
- Ten Delhi schools receive books from US envoy's wife - Apr 11, 2011
- Sibal stresses on spreading distance education - Apr 02, 2011
- IGNOU to train Kendriya Vidyalaya teachers - Mar 14, 2011
- Delhi, Andhra schools are 'greenest' - Jul 15, 2011
- Foreign students get a taste of Indian education at IGNOU - Jan 13, 2012
- IGNOU student ranks seventh in UPSC exams - May 27, 2011
- Ahmedabad students fight it out at IGNOU quiz contest - Feb 09, 2011
- IGNOU announces admissions for 2012 session - Nov 17, 2011
- IGNOU to focus on more foreign tie-ups - Jan 28, 2012
- CBSE board exams on; physics paper disappoints students (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- IGNOU announces admissions for 2011 session - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: design programme, divya, east delhi, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, innovative ideas, national open university, New Delhi, prakash, recipient, school of engineering