Sindh Culture Minister firm on getting back control of Hindu GymkhanaMay 9th, 2008 - 3:09 pm ICT by admin
Hyderabad, May 9 (ANI): Sindh Minister for Culture and Tourism, Sassui Palijo has vowed to get back the control of Hindu Gymkhana, located in Karachi, from the National Academy for Performing Arts, to enable the Hindus to celebrate their rituals and festivals at the Club.
She said she was firm at her decision though she was facing criticism from several quarters, including the Presidency.
I am facing criticism from the presidency over my stance (on the gymkhana) but I will not give up and they will have to hand it over to us. Its an injustice with Hindu community people who are being deprived of their right to celebrate their religious rituals in the gymkhana, the Dawn quoted her as saying at a news conference here last evening.
She also deplored the occupation of Jinnah Courts in Karachi by Rangers and said the provincial cabinet had already discussed the issue to get vacated such buildings, particularly those of educational institutions, which were in the possession of Rangers. (ANI)
- Official suspended for writing blood stained love letter to female Pak minister - Sep 01, 2009
- Pak Hindus feel vindicated after Govt. asks NAPA to vacate Hindu Gymkhana building - Jun 26, 2009
- `Hindus in Pakistan angry, helpless' - Apr 10, 2012
- Pakistani Hindus protest kidnapping of young girls - Apr 09, 2012
- Karachi killing: Apex court orders removal of top officials (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Karachi park killing case taken up by Pakistan apex court - Jun 10, 2011
- Musharraf to return between Jan 27 and 30 - Jan 09, 2012
- Zardari pulls up Sindh minister - Aug 24, 2011
- Kayani in Karachi to assess situation - Aug 25, 2011
- 30 killed in Karachi after MQM lawmaker's killing (Lead) - Aug 03, 2010
- 18 killed in Karachi violence - May 20, 2010
- 56 Hindu couples marry in Karachi - Nov 21, 2010
- Pakistani Hindus in duress, says daily - Mar 13, 2012
- Pakistani man shot dead for stealing - Jun 09, 2011
- Pakistan rights groups to rally against Hindu killings - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: culture minister, dawn, educational institutions, festivals, gymkhana, hindu community, hindus, hyderabad, injustice, karachi, national academy, news conference, occupation, possession, presidency, provincial cabinet, quarters, rangers, religious rituals, tourism