Sick Australian feels better after lottery winJune 30th, 2010 - 2:43 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, June 30 (IANS) An Australian woman who had called in sick from work “sounded a lot better” after being informed that she won $17 million in a lottery.
The 40-year-old woman had hit it big in Tuesday night’s $50 million Super 7’s Oz Lotto draw.
She hadn’t watched the draw and was informed about the win the next morning.
Lottery operator Tattersall’s spokeswoman Elissa Lewis said the woman, who was suffering from a bad cold, was left dazed by the huge win.
“She was quite nasally because of her sickness but yes, she sounded a lot better at the end (of the call) than at the beginning, as you would,” The Age quoted Lewis as saying.
The woman said her priorities would include buying property for her children and travelling.
She said: “I don’t have any immediate plans and I am not going to rush into any decisions but I will visit my family overseas who I haven’t seen for many years.”
And she added for good measure: “Even though I am off work today, I plan to go back.”
- Oz university student wins $13M from old lottery ticket - May 28, 2009
- Woman said don't wake me, so hubby waited to tell lottery news - Sep 15, 2010
- Charlotte family - McCauley win the lottery for the third time - Jul 27, 2011
- Winner still to collect $18 mn jackpot prize - Sep 16, 2010
- Cole wants to inspire underprivileged teens - Jul 13, 2012
- Miss Hutchinson to keep her jobs despite winning Lotto jackpot - Jan 10, 2012
- Halle Berry's near-death experience 'changed her life' - Aug 31, 2010
- Lottery winners with £148 million fortune take EasyJet flight - Aug 17, 2012
- Woman finds winning lottery ticket while cleaning purse - Apr 07, 2011
- Who Inspires Sriti Jha? - Jun 26, 2010
- Kate hails Leonardo - Mar 09, 2011
- Jorge Garcia Vents His Feelings About Mega Millions Numbers - Jan 07, 2011
- A mistake that fetched a bonanza - Jun 28, 2010
- UK's heaviest baby girl weighs 12 pounds - Feb 17, 2012
- Gwen Stefani couldn't write after babies - Mar 14, 2011