Shia LaBeouf did not cause the crash: Sheriffs officeJuly 30th, 2008 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 30 (ANI): It turns out that American actor Shia LaBeouf was not responsible for the car crash that landed him and his friends in hospital on July 27 morning.
According to authorities, the driver of the pickup that LaBeouf had hit caused the accident, as he had run a red light. The actor had been making a legal left turn when he ploughed into the oncoming car.
“It appears he was not at fault,” E!online quoted Los Angeles County Sheriff’’s spokesman Steve Whitmore as saying July 29.
“The other car ran a red light and, if not already, they will be cited.
“They will now be listed as Party One on the report, indicating they were at fault,” he added.
The other driver was actually cited at the scene for the moving offence that resulted in the rollover of the Indiana Jones star’’s ride.
But even though the 22-year-old Transformers star is not at fault and he has to spend the next month recovering from extensive hand surgery, he still has a DUI charge to take care of, as his blood-alcohol level at that time was wrong.
LaBeouf was booked on suspicion of DUI at Cedars-Sinai Hospital as according to sheriff’’s Sgt. Kristin Aloma he “was exhibiting obvious signs of intoxication”.
“He was showing obvious signs of intoxication from the smell of alcohol coming from his breath,” Sgt. Scott Wolf told People.
LaBeouf was cited with a misdemeanour DUI and no changes will be made to that, Whitmore had stated. (ANI)
- Shia LaBeouf Handcuffed After A Bar Fight - Feb 06, 2011
- Shia LaBeouf arrested, hurt in drunk driving crash - Jul 28, 2008
- Shia LaBeoufs driving license suspended for one year - Jan 21, 2009
- LaBeouf escapes drunken driving charge - Sep 26, 2008
- Actor Shia LaBeouf Disparages 'Indiana Jones' Sequel - May 19, 2010
- Aguilera arrested for public intoxication - Mar 02, 2011
- Pitt, LaBeouf to star in 'Riptide'? - Jul 04, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf 'handcuffed by police after bar brawl in LA' - Feb 06, 2011
- LaBeouf handcuffed after bar brawl - Feb 06, 2011
- LaBeouf happy about Mulligan's marriage - Sep 07, 2012
- Shia LaBeouf is happy to be alive - Sep 16, 2008
- Shia LaBeouf and Carey Mulligan Split? - Oct 21, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf's Hand Injury Brought Up In Recent Interview - Mar 17, 2010
- Mulligan nursing her heart in a budget hotel - Oct 25, 2010
- Shia LaBeouf says his damaged hand is now '100pc' better - Sep 22, 2010
Tags: american actor, blood alcohol level, car crash, cedars sinai, dui charge, hand surgery, indiana jones, left turn, los angeles county, los angeles county sheriff, offence, oncoming car, red light, scott wolf, sgt, shia labeouf, signs of intoxication, sinai hospital, steve whitmore, transformers