Shahi Imam Bukhari addresses the people on terrorismAugust 29th, 2008 - 9:22 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , August 29 (ANI): The Shahi Imam Bukhari of Jama Masjid addressed a mass rally in New Delhi , after offering prayers on the issue of terrorism on Friday.
Briefing the people about the ongoing terrorist attacks he accused the Government and intelligence agencies of being biased in their investigations and alleged that Muslims were being arrested without any proof.
Referring to the apex court’’s judgement on the issue of Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) he demanded for setting up of a judicial commission comprising of retired Hindu and Muslim judges to ascertain whether people arrested are actually involved.
Our point is that if judicial commission is made then retired Hindu and Muslim judges should be there. If the commission decides that they are culprit and they have proof of it then we will accept it. Then they (police and investigating team) can file a case in the court. But, because we have lost faith on government and its intelligence agencies so we are not ready to accept it. We are not in favour of SIMI but surely we favour those innocents who are being arrested in the name of SIMI, said Imam Bukhari.
The investigating agencies have alleged that the some of the activists of SIMI are involved in the recent attacks that rocked several places in western India .
Police has blamed SIMI for almost every major bomb attack in India including explosions on local trains in Mumbai two years ago that killed 187 people.
Sensing its links with the terrorists, the Government had banned SIMI in 2001.
The ban on SIMI continues with the Supreme Court in early August staying a special tribunal order lifting restrictions on its activities after the government warned of ‘’serious consequences” if the outfit was allowed to operate. (ANI)
- Government asked to finalise policy on ex-judges' advice - Feb 29, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen: poison fruit of saffron politics, jehadi mindset (Comment) - Dec 11, 2010
- Tribunal upholds ban on SIMI - Aug 01, 2012
- Azam refuses to call ceasefire with Bukhari - Apr 10, 2012
- 'Indian Al Qaeda activist arrested in France was SIMI man' - May 23, 2011
- Z-security provided to judges linked to Ayodhya Title suit - Mar 27, 2012
- SIMI's former president nabbed at Kochi airport - Jun 25, 2011
- 26/11: NIA files charges against Headley, eight others (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Adarsh scam: Court rejects bail plea of 9 accused - Apr 21, 2012
- Chidambaram admits failure post Delhi, Mumbai blasts - Sep 15, 2011
- Jundal was planning another 26/11-type strike: Investigators - Jul 06, 2012
- Court takes up threat to Ayodhya verdict judges, lawyers - Mar 21, 2012
- Quran exhibition called off after protests - Sep 24, 2011
- 26/11: Order reserved for taking cognizance of charge sheet - Feb 04, 2012
- Pakistan panel on 26/11 to visit India in February - Jan 13, 2012