Sex boosting food items could cause hemorrhage, high BP, erectile dysfunctionAugust 6th, 2010 - 3:33 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Aug 6 (ANI): If you are thinking of buying food or beverages that claim to boost sexual appetite or slim you down, here’s a reality check-such items could take a toll on your health.
They could cause heart attacks, strokes, brain hemorrhage, increase blood pressure, cause loss of hearing or vision and worse, they could cause permanent erectile dysfunction instead.
“We have found that some products contain active ingredients, such as sildenafil, tadalafil and verdanafil,” the Star Online quoted Health Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai as saying.
“These are used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and can only be supplied to patients by a doctor or a licensed pharmacist upon a prescription issued by a doctor.
“These medicines, if taken without proper management by a doctor, have severe documented adverse effects like heart attack and stroke,” he told reporters after visiting the ministry’s pharmaceutical services division.
He also added that some of these suppliers, who have Good Manufacturing Practice status, were also producing such in materials at their own factories or were in cahoots with illegal manufacturers who claim to be food or cosmetic manufacturers.
Liow said the increase in sales of such products indicate the suppliers are making huge profits by deceiving the public into believing their products were from herbs or other natural sources.
Liow warned that such sales should be stopped immediately as they endangered public health and jeopardised the country’s image. (ANI)
- Products to enhance men's sexual performance recalled in NZ - Sep 24, 2010
- Argentine province to produce Viagra for free distribution - Mar 23, 2012
- Malaysian woman with New Delhi superbug never travelled overseas - Oct 27, 2010
- Sex candies stronger than Viagra seized in Malaysia - Aug 26, 2009
- 'Unsafe' erectile dysfunction meds recalled in New Zealand - May 07, 2010
- Malaysia to approach India, Pakistan for doctors - Nov 15, 2010
- 'Nothing natural about 'Natural Viagra' being sold online' - May 03, 2011
- Men can do well with ginseng, saffron - Mar 28, 2011
- Beware of passion busters in the bedroom - Mar 29, 2011
- Viagra in condom promises the lift - Dec 09, 2011
- Wanna 'spice' up your sex life? Add these natural enhancers in diet - Mar 28, 2011
- Viagra may cause hearing loss - May 19, 2010
- Nano drug delivery helpful in treating erectile dysfunction - Sep 19, 2009
- Now, melt-in-the-mouth passion pill for impotence - Mar 22, 2011
- Kerala's aphrodisiac man out to prove Musli potency - Jun 25, 2011
Tags: active ingredients, adverse effects, brain hemorrhage, cahoots, cosmetic manufacturers, datuk seri, food items, good manufacturing practice, health minister, heart attack, heart attacks, kuala lumpur, lai, loss of hearing, natural sources, pharmaceutical services division, pharmacist, proper management, sexual appetite, tadalafil