Seaweed extract could drive away acne woes in teensSeptember 4th, 2010 - 11:55 am ICT by ANI
London, Sept 4 (ANI): Acne is probably the worst part of turning into a teenager for many, but now studies show that seaweed extract could solve this spotty problem.
An active ingredient from a type of brown seaweed could be the solution to spots and oily skin. Found off the coast of Brittany, the extract was found to be significantly more effective than a dummy face wash, scrub or gel, claimed the manufacturer behind the OXY range, Mentholatum.
It cut the number of spots and problems areas as well as curbing inflammation and redness, with improvement showing within 14 days.
Professor Enzo Berardesca, a director at the Instituto Dermatolgico San Gallicano, Italy, said that the product didn’t seem to have any side effects.
“People will probably like using this because it comes from a natural source and is not a chemical,” The Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
The OXY products are mainly aimed at teenage boys and young men, with nine out of ten having problem skin triggered by the male hormone testosterone. (ANI)
- Seaweed extract can kill pimples - Sep 05, 2010
- Pimples? Go for garlic juice or chemical peels - May 18, 2011
- Gel combo shows promise as male contraceptive - Jun 27, 2012
- Chemicals from seaweeds damage coral on contact - May 11, 2010
- Acne is more than a nuisance for some adolescents - Mar 16, 2011
- Seaweed shake- an effective way to cut your flab! - Apr 22, 2011
- High-tech skin patch new way to cure acne - Sep 21, 2010
- How to keep your skin glowing during monsoon - Jul 04, 2012
- Easy ways to get rid of hair problems this monsoon - Jun 28, 2010
- Beat the summer - sleep well, eat well for glowing skin - Apr 18, 2012
- Justin Bieber To Endorse Proactiv Products - Aug 10, 2010
- 'Seaweed bacteria more effective than toothpaste' - Jul 05, 2012
- Seaweed shake keeps you slim by suppressing hunger - Apr 22, 2011
- Want to get rid of acne? Change your lifestyle - Oct 06, 2010
- Pregnancy clears Victoria Beckham's acne - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: acne, active ingredient, brittany, brown seaweed, daily mail, dummy face, enzo, face wash, hormone testosterone, inflammation, male hormone, natural source, oily skin, oxy products, problem skin, problems areas, scrub, seaweed extract, teenage boys, woes