Sarabjits case will be taken to the UN: JaiswalMarch 20th, 2008 - 5:53 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar 20 (ANI): Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Sriprakash Jaiswal said on Thursday that the Singh execution case could be taken to the United Nations. Jaiswal indicated that the Indian government is seeking international intervention in the matter.
We are not ready for Sarabjit to be repatriated from Pakistan if it means India has to release hardcore terrorists in exchange, Jaiswal said.
Endorsing the ministerial view, Sarbjits wife Sukhpreet Kaur said: My daughters and I would never like the freedom of Sarabjit if any hardcore Pakistani terrorists lodged in Indian jails have to be released in exchange. For us, nothing is above the nation and we cant go against the interests of our motherland.
Earlier, the Pakistan Foreign Office had informed the Indian High Commission in Islamabad that President Pervez Musharraf has stayed the execution of Sarabjit Singh till April 30.
External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee had assured the Lok Sabha that efforts are on to secure his freedom. (ANI)
- Sarabjit's family on indefinite fast; meets Krishna (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sarabjit's kin in Ajmer, seek his release - Apr 08, 2012
- Sarabjit's family shattered by Pakistan's 'cruel joke' (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sarabjit and Surjeet: Shock in one home, joy in another (Second Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Fresh evidence says Sarabjit is innocent: Pakistani lawyer - Dec 06, 2010
- Krishna assures family of Sarabjit's release (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sarabjit's family meets Krishna - Jun 28, 2012
- Sarbjit Singhs family hopes to celebrate Diwali together at home - Oct 06, 2008
- Have come with hopes of brother's release: Sarbjeet's sister - Jun 07, 2011
- Will meet PM, Sonia, Rahul, says Sarabjit's sister - Jul 02, 2012
- I regret the day Surjeet Singh got released: Dalbir Kaur - Jul 02, 2012
- Conditions favourable in Pakistan for Sarabjit's release: Sister - Jul 05, 2011
- Akali Dal youth wing demands Govt's help for Sarbjit Singh - Jun 25, 2009
- Supreme Court issues notice on Indian in Pakistani jail - May 11, 2011
- Sarabjit's family to protest at Jantar Mantar - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, foreign office, hardcore terrorists, home affairs, indian government, indian high commission, indian high commission in islamabad, international intervention, jails, jaiswal, Lok Sabha, minister of state, motherland, New Delhi, pakistani terrorists, pervez musharraf, pranab mukherjee, president pervez musharraf, union minister